Thank you Ivan, I have looked at that article and tried running those queries. However, when doing so, no rows are affected.
When investigating in the database itself, in the actual content of the controls (in the sf_CmsTextContent table) does not contain '/VirtualDirectory/' the links are server-relative absolute paths. Every time i add a new link to my site on my local computer, it makes the url in the database '/MyProject/MySubPages/MySubPage.aspx', which breaks when I deploy my production site (because i'm deploying it to the root of my production site).
Just for clarity, here's my process:
1. Go to a page and add some generic content, and edit it.
- 2. Insert a link throught the wsywg editor.
- 3. In the "Insert Link" dialog, choose "Select a page from this site".
- 4. Select a sub page (two levels down).
- 5. Go to the database and find the row for the control you just edited in the sf_CmsControlPanelProperty table.
- 6. In the Value field, find the html for the link that was just added.
In my case, the href attribute for the link is: /MySite/MySubPages/MySubPage.aspx
This is what breaks when deploying.