+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Deployment / HTTP Error 503 Service unavailable

HTTP Error 503 Service unavailable

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. John S.
    John S. avatar
    126 posts
    Registered:
    09 Aug 2004
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello,

    I have a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server with IIS7.5. I am trying to deploy a Sitefinity 3.7 project and am getting an HTTP 503 Server Unavailable error.

    The only way I am able to get the site to work is to add an Application to the Default Web Browser and then redirect to the application which then adds a subfolder to the url, and then works.

    All permissions seem fine and the application pool does not crash. I get the 503 error with no error to the event logs.

    Does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    John
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2016
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi John Stewart,

    The problem looks like related to your IIS server. Here is the description of error 503.

    Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. John S.
    John S. avatar
    126 posts
    Registered:
    09 Aug 2004
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    I appreciate the response; however, it doesn't seem like anything useful. I understand what the error is and a solution of "Please contact the system operators of the Web site (e.g. your ISP) to determine why the service is down" is not very useful because I would be contacting myself.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    25 Nov 2016
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello John Stewart,

    I think that the issue is with your IIS server, not in Sitefinity itself or our API.

    Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. John S.
    John S. avatar
    126 posts
    Registered:
    09 Aug 2004
    15 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

    I was not trying to say it is necessarily a Sitefinity problem; I just am looking for some help.

    Thanks,
    John
  6. John S.
    John S. avatar
    126 posts
    Registered:
    09 Aug 2004
    25 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    I solved this problem. The issue was caused by url reservations under port 80.

    Hopefully, the following may be of use to someone else that has a similar problem.

    Using the following command I lised the current reservations:

    netsh http show urlacl

    There were multiple reservations listed but there were three that referenced port 80

    Temporary_Listen_Addresses
    Reports
    ReportServer

    I did not add these myself and suspect the Reports and ReportServer came about from a SQL 2008 installation (I am not using the SQL 2008 Reporting Services so deleting them was not too much of a concern; however, it was necessary to remove them for this solution to work)

    I used the following command to delete these reservations:

    netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/Temporary_Listen_Addresses/
    netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/Reports/
    netsh http delete urlacl http://+:80/ReportServer/

    After this the site worked as expected.


Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered