DiscountASP & Sitefinity - Session Timeout, license issue

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Nidhi Bhargava
    Nidhi Bhargava avatar
    2 posts
    20 May 2010
    05 Jan 2011
    Link to this post

I got one application to create one sitefinity application and details given to me were :
    2.Application name
    3.discountASP control panel details.

I installed sitefinity on my local machine and create one application and deployed this to discountASP server.
    It was working well but before some time i am not able to run application when try to run it using discountASP database connection string.When i onnect code to my local machine  then i am able to run it while using discountASP database i am getting time out problem.

By googling i got that we need license key for that so i ask my client for that.
    He has given me LicenseFile.xml and i put that in app_code of my application.

I wrote this code in web config :
    <cms defaultProvider="Sitefinity" pageExtension=".aspx" siteTemplate=""
       projectName="Redseguro" disabled="false" pageEditorUIMode="Overlay" licenseFile="~/App_Data/LicenseFile.xml" >

I have updated this tag also :
    <lists defaultProvider="Sitefinity">
                    <add name="Sitefinity" securityProviderName="" type="Telerik.Lists.Data.DefaultProvider, Telerik.Lists.Data" connectionStringName="DefaultConnection" visible="true"/>
                    <add name="SitefinityXml" securityProviderName="" type="Telerik.Lists.Data.XmlProvider, Telerik.Lists.Data" dataFile="~/App_Data/LicenseFile.xml" visible="true"  />

After doing this all still i am not able to run code on my local machine while connnected to discountASP database.

2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    19 Oct 2016
    05 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Nidhi,

You should not change "<lists>" node. It is not related to the license. The license key should not cause any issue to the website other than showing jut a trial message within about 50 requests. What is the exact error you are getting? Since this works with your local server and not the production, the problem looks like related the the new server and not to Sitefinity code base.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Nidhi Bhargava
    Nidhi Bhargava avatar
    2 posts
    20 May 2010
    05 Jan 2011
    Link to this post

Might be the problem is of server not the sitefinity.
3 posts, 0 answered