Let me get straight to your questions:
1. When creating and placing a blog on a page – can the default
action under “Content” be “from selected blogs only?” rather than “From all
- Unfortunately there is no built in functionality for achieving that. However, you can use CSS or JS widgets to create some code which will hide the first, undesired row.
2. When choosing from the blog list – can the default setting be the
last blog added is at the top of the list?
- If I understand you correctly, you want the sorting for the blogs in the list to be automatically set by newest on top. However, by default we sort the blocks alphabetically, therefore I would suggest to create a new blog list control, inheriting from our control. Then, you can override the sorting, which is being done in ApplyBlogsSorting and applied in the InitializeControl method.
3. Why is the title a hyperlink? Is that a staging step only?
- Can you elaborate a bit more on the request, do you mean the blog post in lists view or other control items title?
4. When setting up blogs and choosing the new template (not showing
the name) – it still appears on the page – is there a way around this – or is
does it only show on the staging page?
- When you create a new template for the blog list control it becomes available to the list of templates, which you can choose from. Then after you select it, it will be automatically set for the blogs control that you use.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items