+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Designing with Sitefinity / How to disale ajax framework from getting downloaded.Its huge 255KB file is getting downloaded

How to disale ajax framework from getting downloaded.Its huge 255KB file is getting downloaded

10 posts, 0 answered
  1. eraashishgupta
    eraashishgupta avatar
    50 posts
    26 Nov 2008
    08 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi i am not using any ajax functionaity i am using simple sitepanelbar which does postback on every click and site menu which have only a dropdown on the hover rest all i want as postback so why should i download the whole ajax framework of 255KB, my clients also dont want that hefty download is there a way to stop this framework from downloading its eating a hell lot of bandwidth.
    Can you please help.Also please give a light on which file should be downloaded as essential files when i dont need ajax functionality my pages are downloading more then 650KB of useless content.
    Please Help
  2. valio b
    valio b avatar
    33 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi eraashishgupta,
    If you are using RadAjax controls on your sites please consider this How-to.
    Also did you try removing all ScriptManagers and Web.Extenssions reference from your sites.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,
    valio b
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. eraashishgupta
    eraashishgupta avatar
    50 posts
    26 Nov 2008
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    If i will remove the script manager from my site then rad menu cries for it.I dont any ajax thing isn't there a way to stop downloading the whole ajax framework on client.I just want simple navigation and only few scripts which are responsible for the sliding effect.That's all i want.
    I have tried removing script manager but its giving error that rad menu requires the script manager.
  4. James
    James avatar
    5 posts
    08 Dec 2008
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    You may want to be sure you are not running in debug mode which often will cause to load debug versions of script files instead of minified versions. Check system.web>compilation debug="false" in web.config
  5. SelAromDotNet
    SelAromDotNet avatar
    912 posts
    18 Jul 2012
    09 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    firstly that link is interesting but shouldn't the controls do that for themselves by falling through automatically? surely the request will tell the server if the browser supports ajax (or perhaps make use of the wurfl library to detect it inside the telerik controls)?

secondly, regarding the original question, are you using a rad menu? if so have you tried removing it and building your menu with regular html? also, I believe radmenu has an property for enableAjax could that be used to disable the scriptmanager requirement?
  6. eraashishgupta
    eraashishgupta avatar
    50 posts
    26 Nov 2008
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi here is a snapshot of what is getting downloaded at the client side
    Here is the image
    This 255KB is the MicrosoftAjax Framework which is getting downloaded at the client which i dont want because i am not using any ajax functionality.
    My client is having simple html pages so we dont need ajax in there.This page only contains sitemenu and one sitepanelbar.
    Also there are many other css files which are getting downloaded which are huge.
    There should be a way to disable all these files.
    In intellisense i was not getting anything called EnableAjax as replied in one of the previous replies to this post,instead there was EnableAjaxSkinRendering property disabling which didn't solve any problem.
    My question is it necessary to download the whole Microsoft Ajax Framework for these two features.
    If yes then its a huge ask.
    Thanks for replying quickly to the thread.

7. James
    James avatar
    5 posts
    08 Dec 2008
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    @eraashishgupta - if you put a scriptmanager on a page you will get MicrosoftAjax.js; however the minified version is only somthing like 16Kb. The minified version is linked in when the app is NOT running in debug mode. The huge debug version is used to provide intellisense. There are a few work-arounds all of which cause intellesence to stop working.

I dug through my history and found a link to Bertrand Le Roy's blog which is a good place for ajax info. This particular post of Bertrand's has a work-around. Also there are links to Rick Strahl's blog, who (if I rememberr correctly) also had a workaround.

Bertrand's blog:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2008/07/07/using-scriptmanager-with-other-frameworks.aspx 

Rick's blog : http://www.west-wind.com/weblog
  8. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    12 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello James,

This is really nice suggestion. We updated your Telerik account for providing a helpful reply!

All the best,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  9. James
    James avatar
    5 posts
    08 Dec 2008
    12 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Thank-you Georgi.
    Let me say you all have done an awsome job with sitefinity; hands-down the best, most customizable, extensible, reuseable, etc. CMS I have looked at. Incredible. Sitefinity may well be the last CMS I review, as I have no need to look further.
  10. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    15 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi James,

We all do it for you.
    I believe you would love our future versions as well. There are many cool features knocking on the door. :)

Thank you for your feedback!

Best wishes,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
10 posts, 0 answered