+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / 401 Error when attempting to access localhost web services

401 Error when attempting to access localhost web services

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Josh
    Josh avatar
    7 posts
    13 Oct 2015
    15 Oct 2015
    Link to this post

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the AuthenticateUser we web service call , located in /Sitefinity/Services/Security/Users.svc, by following this article about getting started with RESTful services in Sitefinity.  However, when I get to the GetResponse line in RESTfulClient.InvokeRequest(), I encounter the following error:

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

I have already set the Anonymous Authentication in IIS to Enabled. What else do I need to properly establish credentials on my local host?

2. Dale
    Dale avatar
    2 posts
    29 Sep 2016
    16 Oct 2015
    Link to this post
    Hello,

Could you take a look at this article.

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/svetlayankova/posts/svetla-yankovas-blog/2013/01/02/working-with-restful-services-part-2-claims-authentication-and-designing-service-calls

its likely you have claims authentication on and that is the wrong endpoint to use for claims.

Also, I'm curious if you are working with an existing Sitefinity client? If so, you may want to have them add you as a licensed developer so you can access support under their license.

Regards,
    Dale
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

3. Josh
    Josh avatar
    7 posts
    13 Oct 2015
    16 Oct 2015 in reply to Dale
    Link to this post

I'm curious if you are working with an existing Sitefinity client? If so, you may want to have them add you as a licensed developer so you can access support under their license.

I am running the trial version of Sitefinity, and I am the only user/administrator for that environment.

4. Dale
    Dale avatar
    2 posts
    29 Sep 2016
    19 Oct 2015
    Link to this post
    Hi,

Great, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
    Dale
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

4 posts, 0 answered