5 posts, 0 answered
  1. André
    André avatar
    2 posts
    23 Sep 2014
    07 Apr
    Link to this post
    Hello

I have a document created type , this includes a title and a HTML Text Box.

If I select them a PDF is available in HTML Editor the following link:

<a title="Programm" href="/docs/default-source/default-document-library/programm.pdf?sfvrsn=2" sfref="[documents|OpenAccessDataProvider]f50ac8ab-39b2-68cb-a7f4-ff0000c60c24">Programm</a><br />

But if I look at the source code on the website following stands:

<a href="[documents|OpenAccessDataProvider]f50ac8ab-39b2-68cb-a7f4-ff0000c60c24" title="Programm">Programm</a>

When I click the link, I get a 404 error ?

Greetings Andreas
    ps : Sorry for my terrible English.
  2. Dimitri Cools
    Dimitri Cools avatar
    80 posts
    02 Dec 2016
    08 Apr
    Link to this post
    Hello,

This looks like a known issue that only happens with modules created with the module builder and that have a file linked to it using the Document Manager.
    With a standard news module for example, the issue doesn't occur.

This behavior has been resolved in 9.0. To address the issue for Sitefintiy 8.2 please refer to this KB article;
    Dynamically resolving Sitefinity links when using HtmlField

which explains a workaround that invloves creating a customized version of HtmlField and resolves the Id that is currently displayed to an url.

Regards,
    Dimitri Cools
    Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

3. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    18 Oct 2012
    01 Nov in reply to Dimitri Cools
    Link to this post

I am not sure I would agree that this only happens with dynamic modules built in module builder.  We have a site that has been using the eCommerce module that previous to the upgrade to 9.1.6120.0 SE linked fine when adding document links to custom fields we added on product types of type LongText.

Since this update to 9.1 we are seeing that initially when selecting links from the document link manager that it correctly puts a href value and then a sfref[guid] value for the anchor tag.  Next we publish the product and then immediately go back to edit and view the html to find out that the sfref has been stripped completely and the href value has been replaced with the sfref guid.

What is interesting is that this does not happen with the built-in description field which is also of type LongText, but is with the custom fields.

4. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    18 Oct 2012
    02 Nov
    Link to this post
    I would like to add that this is also happening with image links and not solely documents.  I have already submitted a bug report on the feedback portal that is awaiting approval.
  5. Aude
    Aude avatar
    0 posts
    23 Aug 2016
    4 days and 9 hours ago in reply to Stacey
    Link to this post
    We are seeing the same issue with 9.1.6110
5 posts, 0 answered