+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Dashboard : IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

Dashboard : IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Aby
    Aby avatar
    5 posts
    16 May 2013
    27 Apr 2015
    Link to this post

Hi all,

I was trying to setup a payment method in a fresh sitefinity website. But when I click on the button to add a payment method [also when I try other options in the dashboard] I get an alert saying "IIS 8.5 Detailed Error - 404.0 - Not Found". Are there anything that should be taken care of when hosting the site in a Windows 8 machine or is it something else? I have tried confirming the IIS settings as per the answers that I found in other forums. I hope its not related to the OS or IIS version my machine is running on.

The site is powered by Sitefinity 7.0

Thanks in advance :)

2. Tim
    Tim avatar
    258 posts
    22 Jun 2011
    04 May 2015 in reply to Aby
    Link to this post

Aby,

Where is it trying to hit up? If you look at the dev tools when it 404s, what exactly is it trying to access?

3. Aby
    Aby avatar
    5 posts
    16 May 2013
    05 May 2015 in reply to Tim
    Link to this post

Hi Tim, 

This was hapenning everytime I try to access any of the items in the dashboard. I do not know how but I got the site up after trying out a lot of blogs that found arround. I am now trying to figure out what actually fixed the issue. I gave AppPool the write access to the AppData folder, enabled few features in Windows. I will surely be posting it in this thread once I find the fix/issue. But thank you Tim :)

4. Carlos Redondo
    Carlos Redondo avatar
    21 posts
    09 Jan 2009
    02 Nov 2015
    Link to this post

I found this post while trying to fix same issue.  This link has all information I needed to fix my server. http://docs.sitefinity.com/configure-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects 

Carlos.

5. Aby
    Aby avatar
    5 posts
    16 May 2013
    03 Nov 2015 in reply to Carlos Redondo
    Link to this post
    Thanks Carlos . I found this informative.
5 posts, 0 answered