Thanks for the reply.
I'll try to explain it in more detail:
The website I want to built should provide in the following:
1. Companies can register on the website. I want to store information like: name, address, phone numbers etc.
2. After registering, it should be possible to label the companies with categories and tags (from the backend)
3. Companies can be found on the website, by searching the taxonomies
4. Companies can login to update their profile information
1. What approach should I use?
- Use GenericContent modules like the ProductsModule / JobsModule for storing Companies?
- Use my own database and use Intra-site modules?
Hope it is more clear now.