Regarding Sitefinity Thudner, please review this section of our documentation:
Could you find useful information in the articles available in this URL:
Furthermore, when you open your project in Visual Studio you will see a Thunder starting page, go to Create Sitefinity items and select Dynamic items field selector. You could watch the video available there and find some additional information below.
Sitefinity Thunder consists of two parts:
1. The Visual Studio extension which you are using in your screenshot.
2. The Sitefinity server module which you can install using the VS extension from the VS menu -> Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Install Sitefinity Thunder Module. You need to reinstall the module every time you update your VS extension.
Here are the steps which you should take to get Thunder working:
1. Create your Sitefinity web app project.
2. Host it and then open it through the browser to initialize the project and create the database.
3. Once you have your Sitefinity project running, open Visual Studio to install the Thunder server side module in your project.
3.1. You can install the module by choosing Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Install Sitefinity Thunder Module
from the VS menu.
3.2. Alternatively, you can use the Thunder Start Page which should start automatically by default and select Install Thunder Module
in the home page. Then click on the Install Thunder module
button located in the bottom of the page.
4. In the dialog which appeared in step 3, select the location of your Sitefinity project and then press install.
5. Now you should create a connection to your project. Select Telerik -> Sitefinity Thunder -> Connection Settings
from the VS menu or go to the Manager Connections
page in the Thunder Start Page
. Click on the Add
button and create a connection by using a Connection name
(friendly name), root URL to your site, administrator username and password.
You should repeat steps 3 and 4 whenever you update your Thunder Visual Studio extension so that the Thunder Sitefinity server side module is up to date.
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items