Unfortunately filtering by custom classification is not supported out of the box. I looked for a simple workaround but I couldn't find. The only thing I can think of is to implement your own control to filter items by custom classification using the Code Reference and Sitefinity documentation
. To ease the process of widget development and registering the widget to pages toolboxes you can use Sitefinity Thunder VS plugin
Another alternative is to use the Categories widget to filter the items. To do so you must do the following:
- Extend the Categories widget as shown in this guide and place the new widget on a page
- The IDs for the taxonomies should be displayed. If they are not shown, edit the widget delete the values for TaxonomyId and FieldName and save.
- Select the ID for your custom classification, edit the widget and set it to the TaxonomyId property
- In the FieldName property enter the "Single name" for your classification and save.
- Place the Widget generated for your custom module on the same page and save the page
- View the page in the front end -> When you click on the classifications (in your case the products) the items in the custom module widget will be filtered.
I don't know if this will fit perfectly in your case but I hope that it might help.
Feel free contacting us if you have more questions.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items