I am using MVC to create widgets, but have a confusing situation going on.
I created a custom masterpage with a placeholder in the top right for a login control. I then created a custom login control using MVC which is placed on the master page template within the sitefinity backend designer.
This all works as expected when creating pages using the master page template, but if I add an MVC widget to the body of the page which links to another view the login widget placed on the master template disappears when the view is changed for example /reports to /reports/detail/1.
- Create a master page .
- On the master add 2 place holders (one for a custom MVC login widget, and another for body content).
- Add the master in Sitefinity as a page template.
- Edit the page template in sitefinity for the master and add an MVC widget to the login placeholder so all pages created from the template will display it by default.
- Create a new page using that template and add another widget the body placeholder that has links to another view, for example edit links.
- When you navigate to the page everything appears fine, but if you click edit the login widget disappears.
I assume this has something to do with the fact that when the body MVC widget changes to an edit or detail view, the login widget must also have a view with the same route. Since it doesn't it does not display. Is there a way to make sure that other widgets on the same page play well together when changing views.