06 Sep 2012
13 Sep 2011
Link to this post
I created a widget in my Sitefinity project (as opposed to creating a separate Visual Studio project) using the same approach as in the Donation widget of the Education starter kit. I now need to add additional properties to the widgets designer. The textboxes for the new properties appear on the DesignerTemplate. However, the new properties do not get passed back and forth between simple and advanced view. Nor are the properties entered into the "simple" view saved.
I tried the following:
1. Deleted the widget from all pages.
2. Deleted the widget from the toolbox.
3. Rebooted my windows 7 development machine.
4. Deleted temp asp.net files.
5. Re-registered the widget on the toolbox.
6. Still doesn't work.
I don't know what else to try, do you have any suggestions?
In order to ensure there were no errors in my code, I tried the following and it worked.
1. Created a new Sitefinity site.
2. Copied the folder that contains the widget into the new Visual Studio project.
3. Registered the widget on the toolbox
All of the properties work in the new project. However, since I have a lot of content in the database, creating a new site is not really an option.