Events Module

13 posts, 0 answered
  1. WebGeek
    WebGeek avatar
    186 posts
    20 Dec 2006
    15 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Can you explain to me how to get the event link to work when using the EventsScheduleView?  I have set my SingleEventUrl to my details page and the link still does not work.

Also, can you explain to me how to set my EventSchedulerView to show the full month rather than the week view.

On another note - when using the list Events "List View" how can I get it to only show events which are coming up (not those that have already occurred)?   Also, how can I get the categories to start sorting.

Please do not reply that this is a known bug.
  2. Ivan
    Ivan avatar
    478 posts
    16 Jun 2015
    17 Apr 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello medicalwebgeek,

Unfortunately, the event link in EventsScheduleView is a known bug. However, there is a very simple workaround. Open the following template:

~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Events/EventsScheduleView.ascx

You'll need to add the appointment template to the RadScheduler control, so the whole template should look like this:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sfWeb" %> 

<sfWeb:CssFileLink ID="CssFileLink1" FileName="~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Events/eventsCommonLayout.css" Media="screen" runat="server" /> 

<telerik:RadScheduler ID="eventsSchedule" runat="server">  
        <AppointmentTemplate> 
            <asp:HyperLink id="eventDetailsLink" runat="server"></asp:HyperLink> 
        </AppointmentTemplate> 
    </telerik:RadScheduler> 

The important thing is that inside of the AppointmentTemplate you have a HyperLink control with the id="eventDetailsLink", everything else you can set as you see fit.

In regard to selecting a different mode of EventsSchedulerView, at the moment only Week mode is possible as a default mode. The property for setting different default modes will be introduced in the next release.

Finally, the filtering of the EventsView control at this moment can only be done by creating a new control, inheriting EventsView control and then overriding the IMetaSearchInfo[] CreateFilter() function. For example, to show only upcoming events you would override the given function like this:

protected override IMetaSearchInfo[] CreateFilter()  
    {  
    List<IMetaSearchInfo> filter = new List<IMetaSearchInfo>();  

// event timing filter (event start / event end)  
    string eventStartField = EventsManager.ContentSettings[base.ProviderNameImpl].EventStartField;  
    filter.Add(new MetaSearchInfo(MetaValueTypes.DateTime, eventStartField, DateTime.Now, SearchCondition.GreaterThen));  

return filter;  

The same idea goes for the categories.

The good news is that the requested functionalities have already been implemented and will be released in the upcoming release. EventsView control will have ability to filter events by the event date/time (all, upcoming, passed) and categories. List of events will be displayed in one of the three possible modes (PageList, ExpandableList, Expanded List). EventsView control will also have a very powerful designer for setting it up.

I hope I was able to help you and I am sorry that you will need to wait a bit to get all of the requested functionality out of the box.

Kind regards,
    Ivan
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    10 Dec 2008
    Link to this post

Making link on Eventheading works fine but I have issue with EventDetail page(It's not going on proper EventDetails page from link on EventSheduler)
    When I matched URL of link on both EventView Control and EventSheduleControl,
    In EventView heading I have seen extra qureystring named "Events=EventItem"
    that is missing in EventSheduler hyperlink that we have added from tags

<AppointmentTemplate>

<asp:HyperLink id="eventDetailsLink" runat="server"></asp:HyperLink>

</AppointmentTemplate>

So definitly we needto add that querystring in EventSheduler control hyperlink
    below id both URL
    From EventView Control:-
    http://localhost/Event_Details/08-12-05/This_is_Calendar.aspx?ReturnURL=%2fCalendar.aspx&Events=EventItem

From EventSheduler Control:-
    http://localhost/Event_Details/08-12-05/This_is_Calendar.aspx?ReturnURL=%2fCalendar.aspx

4. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    11 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    I am using seprage pages for all the News and news details page, please take a look on issue ASAP
  5. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    11 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    I have researched on this and found that this additional querystring Events=EventItem is new in Sitefinity 3.5 version that was not in older version so please give me any alternate solution for this
  6. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    12 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Can Some one help me in trouble shooting the problem that I am facing in making link in EventShedule control as there is extra QueryString named "Events=EventItem"
    hat is missing in hyperlink created by following tags
     <AppointmentTemplate> 
            <asp:HyperLink id="eventDetailsLink" runat="server"></asp:HyperLink> 
        </AppointmentTemplate> 
  7. Nikolai
    Nikolai avatar
    216 posts
    01 Jun 2017
    15 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi anand,

There is no workaround for now. What you can do is to upgrade to ver.3.5SP1. Please be informed that the Scheduler redirects only to the all events page.

Kind regards,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  8. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    16 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    I am using Sitefinity Sitefinity 3.5 SP! and problem is stll same.
    There is still missing a QueryString "Events=EventItem" in Event heading hyperlink in EvnetShedule control.
    Please provide us any alternate solution
  9. Nikolai
    Nikolai avatar
    216 posts
    01 Jun 2017
    16 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hello anand,

The field is called ContentItemKey - located in EventsView control -> in the Advanced tab -> Query String Keys.
    I have place attachment. Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Nikolay
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  10. anand
    anand avatar
    59 posts
    11 Jun 2008
    16 Dec 2008
    Link to this post

The example that you sent is for EventView control,

I have no problem with EventView control,

I have issue with EventShedule control (contains RadSheduler) ,
     In EventSheduler control there is mssing QueryString "Events=EventItem" that's why it is not going to proper EventDetails page in Sitefinity 3.5 SP1.

I was able to add hyperlink on Event heading by <AppointmentTemplate> tag but it's not opeing proper detail page.

11. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    16 Jun 2017
    16 Dec 2008
    Link to this post
    Hi anand,

We replied to your request in the other forum thread opened by you, which has the same context. Please check it out at http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/support-forum-thread/b1043S-bttkgb.aspx

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

12. Brian
    Brian avatar
    15 posts
    23 Apr 2009
    31 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Has the issue of setting the default Calendar view to month been resolved yet? I have build
    Sitefinity 3.6.1927.2:0 

If so, can you tell me how to change this default?
  13. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    16 Jun 2017
    31 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Brian,

The issue has been fixed in the last official release Sitefinity 3.6 SP2 - build 1936. To enable this option open EventsScheduleView control in Sitefinity's edit mode. Under Misc category there is a property of type RadScheduler - "Scheduler". Click on edit, then go to Layout category and set SelectedView to MonthView.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
13 posts, 0 answered