4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Lazar Atanasov
    Lazar Atanasov avatar
    22 posts
    12 Apr 2010
    18 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Dear All,

When I'm in edit mode and want to edit some generic content , when I click on edit I get the editor interface. So I want to make instance of the controls of the editor so I can manage them (for example I'm done button or Cancel button). How can I make intstance of there controls.

Best Regards,

Lazar
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    18 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Lazar Atanasov,

Thank you for using our services.

The I'm Done button, or the Cancel button are not part of the Generic Content Control. They are part of a common control which displays all control editor windows in page edit mode. Unfortunately the methods of the ControlEditor control are marked as non overridable - so you cannot extend the control to add custom logic to it.

Greetings,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Lazar Atanasov
    Lazar Atanasov avatar
    22 posts
    12 Apr 2010
    18 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Radoslav,

Ca You tell me which event fires up when I click on the edit button of the generic control (or some other control) on edit mode?

Thnak You,

Lazar
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    18 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Lazar Atanasov,

edit button is html anchor control which href calls js functin that opens another dialog - properties dialog where control ID is passed as QueryString. When you click on the html anchor this calls window.radopen in the js. You can catch I'm Done button by creating a ControlDesinger for your control and overriding OnSaving  - This method is called  when the component is about to be saved. You cannot catch "Cancel" click, because this calls radwindow.Close().

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered