Images & Documents

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. Leanne
    Leanne avatar
    4 posts
    23 Aug 2010
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    I uploaded images to use on my site in the Images Library, but I am unable to see them after they have been loaded. I see the images I am referencing in the style sheet, but these images are in the images folder.

Any ideas why I am unable to view the images in the Images Library? I've added .sflb and .tmb in IIS and added the necessary code in the web.config file and it still doesn't work.

2. George
    George  avatar
    204 posts
    05 Sep 2006
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Blondie,

Did you upload the images to the Image folder through the Files menu or did you use the upload functionality in the Images & Documents module? By Default when you upload through Images & Documents and if the option is not set in the web.config the images will be saved in the database so I think you uploaded them through an FTP client or through the Files menu item in Sitefinity hence you won't see them in the Images & Documents module.

Best Regards,

George
  3. Leanne
    Leanne avatar
    4 posts
    23 Aug 2010
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    George,

I uploaded the images through the Images & Documents module and not through the Files menu.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Blondie,

The images will not be shown if there are not handler mappings for

• sflb
    • sflb.ashx
    • .tmb
    • .tmb.ashx
    or you have some whitespaces or special chars in the url on virtual directory name. You can inspect the path the the image with Firebug or another tool to see whether the path is resolved properly.

You see the images from the file system, because they are not processed by ContentHttpHandler.
    Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  5. Leanne
    Leanne avatar
    4 posts
    23 Aug 2010
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Here is what I have in handler mappings:
    <add verb="*" path="*.sflb" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.sflb.ashx" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.tmb" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/>
    <add verb="*" path="*.tmb.ashx" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/>

If I have this in my web.config file and it is correct, it should work right?
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Blondie,

Have you tried the other suggestions - IIS Mapings, chars in the url or whitespaces? The web.config is fine. You could also try to create wildcard mapping. The problem is somewhere in your IIS server or virtual directory.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  7. Leanne
    Leanne avatar
    4 posts
    23 Aug 2010
    01 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the help Ivan. The virtual directory had spaces. Note to self no spaces!
    Thanks again.
Register for webinar
7 posts, 0 answered