3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Sony
    Sony avatar
    7 posts
    21 Aug 2010
    25 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi

I'm struggling to get the output but no success...

In my project, I am using Radmenu.
    <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" ShowStartingNode="true"
        StartFromCurrentNode="true"  />
        <telerik:RadMenu runat="server" ID="menuTopNavigation" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" DefaultGroupSettings-Width="100%" Flow="Horizontal" CollapseAnimation-Type="InOutQuad" CollapseAnimation-Duration="700" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true" EnableTheming="true" MaxDataBindDepth="2">
        <DefaultGroupSettings RepeatColumns="7" RepeatDirection="Horizontal"  />
        </telerik:RadMenu>

The client requirement is, when a user click on the menu item , that item and the related sub menus(if there) should be stay (visible), till user select another menu item.  Please find the attachement

Thanks in advance
  2. Sony
    Sony avatar
    7 posts
    21 Aug 2010
    26 Sep 2010
    Link to this post
    can anyone please help me to solve my issue?

I am using Radmenu.
    <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" ShowStartingNode="true"
    StartFromCurrentNode="true"  />
    <telerik:RadMenu runat="server" ID="menuTopNavigation" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" DefaultGroupSettings-Width="100%" Flow="Horizontal" CollapseAnimation-Type="InOutQuad" CollapseAnimation-Duration="700" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="true" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true" EnableTheming="true" MaxDataBindDepth="2">
    <DefaultGroupSettings RepeatColumns="7" RepeatDirection="Horizontal"  />

when a user select a menu, then parent and submenus remain open till the user select the next menu.(like sitefinity.com) 

please give me a sample code .

3. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    11 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Sony,

you can stop expanding of the items using ClickToOpen property of the RadMenu control. The same result could be achieved using JS

function OnClientItemOpening(menu, args)
         {
             args.set_cancel(true);
         }

<script type="text/javascript">

function OnClientMouseOver(sender, eventArgs) {
                if (eventArgs.get_item().get_parent() == sender) {
                    sender.set_clicked(false);
                }

}

</script>

<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" ShowStartingNode="false" />
    <telerik:RadMenu   ClickToOpen="True" OnClientMouseOver="OnClientMouseOver"  ID="RadMenu1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SitemapDataSource1" OnItemDataBound="RadMenu1_ItemDataBound">

Note that e.Item.NavigateUrl should not be set for the root items that you are going to hover.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered