+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / 404 error on flv files in custom flash gallery

404 error on flv files in custom flash gallery

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. David van Geel
    David van Geel avatar
    59 posts
    19 Aug 2009
    10 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi All,

I have created a custom flash video gallery to display a number of flv files upload to the Images & Documents directory. I created a custom library type for this and implemented the suggestions I found on this website to get Sitefinity to use the real extensions for flv files. So far no problem. I tested this user control locally on my pc and the videos were displayed.

Then I moved the code to a internal test server and -although the code is working- the videos are no longer displayed. The videoplayer is started but using Fiddler I can see that the player gets a 404 error on accessing the flv files. When I try to download the flv files directly from the Image & Documents module I get the same 404 error.

So what did I try so solve this? I have deleted the libary and uploaded the flv files from scratch again but that did not help. I had the network administrator check the mime type on the server in question but that is set correctly.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Regards,

David
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    28 Oct 2016
    11 Mar 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello David van Geel,

Most probably the FLV requests are not processed at all by Asp.Net, therefore by Sitefinity.

You can check if you have wildcard mappings added (so all requests go through asp.net isapi) or try to add FLV mapping to Asp.net ISAPI. Make sure that the requests are processed anyway, not just for physical files. 

Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Zyad Rujeedawa
    Zyad Rujeedawa avatar
    31 posts
    18 Feb 2010
    07 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Try this:
    You should add .flv as a MIME type in IIS

1) Select the site to configure in IIS, right click and select "Properties"
    2) Under HTTP Headers Tab, select "File Types" under the MIME Map section and select "New Type"
    3) Type ".flv" as the associated extension and "video/x-flv" as the content type.
    4) Select "OK"

Hope this helps,
    Zyad
  4. Tim Ault
    Tim Ault avatar
    1 posts
    24 May 2010
    22 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi David van Geel,

I am trying to create a custom control in Sitefinity to read the .flv flash video from the Image & Documents library. I need to to feed the .flv file to the FLV player. I read this post and you have done something like this before. Is it possible if you can help me or explain me how I might go about doing this? Please email me: jirasak@alberon.co.uk

Best Regards,

Jirasak R
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered