2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    28 posts
    07 Mar 2011
    13 May 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Guys,

I have created a custom generic content control which checks to see what user groups you are connected to based on this information I then either display or hide the generic content control.

Anyway I think that this side of things works as expected, however if I add another custom control (a web form) that submits data to our external DB, the submit buttons no longer work, however this only happens in IE (in Chrome and firefox the form posts back and submits the data).

I have verified that it is the custom generic content as i removed it from the page and the web form submitted I then added the original (sitefinity) Generic content and again the form submitted.

Are you aware of what may cause this sort of issue?

Thanks

Daniel

EDIT: Just a quick addition I have just found that if i use a control with some buttons above and below a piece of generic content the ones above work perfectly but the ones below dont work at all. I am in the process of seeing if any of the classes throw any exceptions although I cannot see any at the moment
  2. Matthew
    Matthew avatar
    28 posts
    07 Mar 2011
    16 May 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Support,

Just thought I would let you know that I have managed to solve it - turns out I had an extra form tag in my HTML and IE couldn't cope with it.

Thanks again

Dan
2 posts, 0 answered