+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / when inserting flash in Generic content then Edit button of generic control is not working in IE9(compatible view ie8)

when inserting flash in Generic content then Edit button of generic control is not working in IE9(compatible view ie8)

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Björn
    Björn avatar
    11 posts
    29 Nov 2007
    15 Aug 2011
    Link to this post
    hi,
    i am using IE9. i set <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" /> in header section of my master page. everything is working perfectly  except below one.

1. in sitefinity admin page edit(page edit mode is in classic) when you insert flash element in generic content, then click i am done button.
    2.then again click edit button of generic content, it gives the following error "SCRIPT5009: 'overlayUI' is undefined"  and edit rad window was not open.

please provide me any solution for this.
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    17 Aug 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Björn,

I will log a bug about this issue and we will investigate it further. IE 9 is not officially supported by Sitefinity 3.7 editions.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Björn
    Björn avatar
    11 posts
    29 Nov 2007
    18 Aug 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello,

what is the solution for this now or  any temporary solution ?

thanks
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    18 Aug 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Björn,

We will need more time to investigate this behavior. For the time being I am not able to come up with a solution. Officially we do not support this version of IE and 3.x editions are not tested with it.

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered