1. Allow Comments for blogs provider should be enabled.
2. CommentsList control works together with BlogPosts
Inside BlogPosts control we set the parent of the comment item - where you comment
item will be saved. Most probably there is no parent id set in your control and the form is not saved.
Since your custom contorl is just a form with RadEditor and the same fields
I suggest that
1. Get the content item ID from the Query String
var Manager =
itemId = (Guid)((IUrlRewriteData)Context.Items[Manager.Provider.ContentItemKey]).Data;
2. Subscribe for Click event ( or use command ) of your button
3. Use the API to create a comment for your post
sender, CommandEventArgs e)
.ParentID != Guid.Empty)
var conent = Manager.GetContent(itemID)
IComment comment =
comment.Owner = SecurityManager.GetCurrentUserName();
// here clean the form
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items