We are using Sitefinity 3.6 SP1
We have followig sites
1) Site : www.abc.com --> Database : abccms - works fine and is live
2) Site : www.xyz.com --> Database : xyzcms - new site that need to be created
Now for 2nd site we want to keep all the pages of 1st site and want to add new templates & pages as per new requirements.
To do this we do the following
Backup 1st site database as "abccms.sql" from production server.
Replace all occurance of "abccms" with "xyzcms" in the "abccms.sql" file and Save it as "xyzcms.sql"
Create new database "xyzcms" locally (e.g. Development system).
Restore "xyzcms" database from "xyzcms.sql"
Attached "xyzcms" database to our codebase and add new templates and pages as per new requirements.
Backup "xyzcms" database and restored it on production server.
Attached www.xyz.com to xyzcms database.
When accessing www.xyz.com site it works fine and show same content as www.abc.com
But now after some time we got this error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
When we check Sitefinity Admin interface we found following things:
1) When click on "Site Map" link to see list of all pages we notice that template name is there for respective pages. But now
2) when click on "Templates" link to see list of all templates we notice that List show "0" pages under "Pages assigned" section for respective templates.
1) This does not happend to new templates (created as per new requirements) but only happens with old tempates (e.g of www.abc.com )
2) We checked all other site and databases on the server for any cross reference and did not find any.
3) We did not make any manual changes to database.
4) We check Tempates pages for missing "form" tag and found that they are fine - e.g as mention here
It seems that links between pages and templates are broken.
Please let us know how to fix it and how we can check it from database end.