Hi Luc Baeten,
I am going to give you an other solution. You can turn on the localization for the Images and Documents module, but we are still a couple of things in that area. Still, I believe you can work like that for now. Here is what you have to do:
1. Set the localization option in your web.config file and <localization> node.
2. Create a new metafield, named for example MyField. Define localizable=True attribute for that metafield:
| defaultValue="" />
3. Assign this metafield to libraries with type "Images" (in the web.config file):
| <add name="Image"
| title="Image Library"
| defaultExtenstions=".png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif"
| metaKeys="Author, AlternateText, Extension, Name, Height, Width, Size,
| Category, MyField">
4. Make your changes in ControlPanelEdit_Image.ascx control template in order to include this metafield.
5. Commentout the following container
in the control template ControlPanelEdit_Image.ascx
| <asp:PlaceHolder ID="languagePanel" runat="server">
Attached is my ControlPanelEdit_Image.ascx
after commenting out the necessary code. You can compare/use it with your project.
6. Attached is what you should see in the View tab in your library item screen.
Here is what I did to localize this item. I suggest you following the same steps:
1. Selected an Eglish version from the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Uploaded an item to the library.
3. Filled all fields with the desired values
4. Clicked on a language in the lower right corner, from the newly appeared "Change Language" section.
At this point, a new content item version is created.
5. Click on "Edit" and fill the information for the new language.
An important is not to change the Title metafield for the item having different language version. That is why I created a new metafield for that purpose. You should also know that the Libraries are showing only these items which have the currently selected language version available. Step 4 (with bold) is actually creating a language version of the item.
I hope this helps you.
the Telerik team
Check out Telerik Trainer
, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.