1-888-365-2779
+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Existing Blog posts and SP2

Existing Blog posts and SP2

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Kevin Pipher
    Kevin Pipher avatar
    91 posts
    Registered:
    30 Nov 2005
    03 Dec 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi,

    After upgrading from SP1 to SP2, a bug seems to have been introduced in the blogs module, where the content for all existing blog posts (the body of the post) is not showing up using either the SinglePost or PostList controls.

    I tested adding new blog posts, and they display correctly. It seems to have affected only posts from prior to the SP2 upgrade.

    Editing and resaving the existing posts seems to fix the problem. For us this isn't a huge issue because we've just begun using the blogs and don't have many postings, however for some sitefinity users this may be a complete showstopper.

    Kevin
  2. Tihomir
    Tihomir avatar
    53 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    03 Dec 2007
    Link to this post
    Hello Kevin,

    We cannot reproduce this issue locally. If you have a back-up of your SP1 database, could you send it to us so that we would investigate the issue immediately - it sounds pretty troublesome.


    All the best,
    Tihomir
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. Kevin Pipher
    Kevin Pipher avatar
    91 posts
    Registered:
    30 Nov 2005
    03 Dec 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Tihomir,

    I've opened a bug report ticket in order to send you the sample database.

    Kevin.
  4. UI Crew
    UI Crew avatar
    99 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    18 Dec 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi,

    I have come across this exact same issue. Is there any solution?

    Thanks

    Seth
  5. Vlad
    Vlad avatar
    498 posts
    Registered:
    19 Jun 2017
    19 Dec 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Seth,

    Most probably the cause of the problem is similar. I hope the following script will fix it:

    update

        sf_CmsTextContent
    set
        Culture =
    127
    where
        Culture =
    1033 
        and not exists(select ID from sf_CmsTextContent t2 where t2.ID = sf_CmsTextContent.ID and t2.Culture = 127
    )



    Please run it into your database and let us know how it goes.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Greetings,
    Vlad
    the Telerik team


    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered