+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Extensionless URLs in Mosso (rackspace) with IIS7, 404 Error

Extensionless URLs in Mosso (rackspace) with IIS7, 404 Error

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. Adam
    Adam avatar
    8 posts
    25 Oct 2010
    28 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    I've migrated to Rackspace.
    My URL rewriter for extensionless requests is no longer working.

For my example below, the page GovernmentPartners.aspx is a sitefinity page.

The section of my web.config:
    <rewriter>
        <rewrite url="~/test$" to="~/GovernmentPartners.aspx" ignoreCase="true" />
      </rewriter>

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /GovernmentPartners.aspx

Here's the behavior:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /GovernmentPartners.aspx

As you can see, it's reading the web.config properly, and attempting to get to the desired page, but the sitefinity routing doesn't seem to be working.
    Any ideas? I've read online that you need to ensure that the UrlRewriter module in <system.webServer> has to appear before the CMS tag, which it does:

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">
                <remove name="ScriptModule" />
                <remove name="Cms" />
                <remove name="RadUploadModule" />
                <remove name="UrlRewriter" />
                <remove name="AccessModuleFix"/>   

<add name="UrlRewriter" type="Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.RewriterHttpModule" />
                <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />
                <!--<add name="Cms" type="Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsHttpModule, Telerik.Cms"/>-->
                 <add name="Cms" type="Telerik.Cms.Web.CmsHttpModuleUrlRewrite, Telerik.Cms" />
                <!-- Http Module for extension mappings in Library module.-->
                <!--<add name="LibraryModule" type="Telerik.Libraries.LibraryHttpModule, Telerik.Libraries"/>-->
                <add name="RadUploadModule" preCondition="managedHandler" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule, Telerik.Web.UI" />
                <add name="AccessModuleFix" type="Telerik.Fixes.AccessModule, App_Code"/> <!-- patch for image upload vulnerability, added 1/13/2011 -->

</modules>

Rackspace does not allow direct access to IIS settings, so I NEED to get this running with web.config, or global.asax. 
  2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    31 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Adam,

Can you please check if your RackSpace hosting is running on IIS 7.0 classic pipeline? It seems that your module is not getting registered correctly. Please try registering it in httpModules section also.

Kind regards,
    Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
  3. Adam
    Adam avatar
    8 posts
    25 Oct 2010
    31 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    I spoke with tech support at Rackspace and they are running IIS in Integrated mode.

I have also tried registering in httpModules
    <httpModules>
             <add name="UrlRewriter" type="Intelligencia.UrlRewriter.RewriterHttpModule, Intelligencia.UrlRewriter" />
    </httpModules>

and that did not solve the issue.

If the integrated mode is the issue, do you know of any workarounds?

Thanks,
    adam
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    05 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Adam,

Do you have issues with the rewriter on your local host /dev machine? The problem could be related to the infrastructure.

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered