2 posts, 0 answered
  1. higgsy
    higgsy avatar
    336 posts
    05 Aug 2010
    31 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,

Im running 3.7 SP3 on IIS7 and I can't seem to get custom error pages working. the section in the web.config file looks like:

<httpErrors errorMode="Custom" defaultPath="/404.aspx" defaultResponseMode="ExecuteURL">
                <remove statusCode="404" subStatusCode="-1" />
                <error statusCode="404" prefixLanguageFilePath="" path="/404.aspx" responseMode="ExecuteURL" />
            </httpErrors>

Im running in Integrated mode, although I've tried in Classic mode with the customErrors section and that doesnt work either.

I always get the standard IIS Page not found.

Is SiteFinity causing this?.

Thanks
    higgsy
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    31 Oct 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi higgsy,

The customErrors element has a mode setting

On - Specifies that custom errors are enabled. If no defaultRedirect attribute is specified, users see a generic error. The custom errors are shown to the remote clients and to the local host.
    Off -Specifies that custom errors are disabled. The detailed ASP.NET errors are shown to the remote clients and to the local host.
    RemoteOnly - Specifies that custom errors are shown only to the remote clients, and that ASP.NET errors are shown to the local host. This is the default value.

Make sure that you are using the proper mode depending on the way you are accessing the website. Sitefinity itself does not change settings of customErrors element and how the request will be processed, so if the web.config settings are fine, then the problem is in your IIS settings and custom errors set there.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered