Hi Randy Bauer,
We will have similar functionality for Sitefinity 4.0. Actually you can implement this in a simple custom control with a template. You can also use user control.
Here are some steps.
1. You should use ContentManager
2. Create a template for your control - textboxex and other controls that will have the same ID as your metakeys .
3. Use UserManager and MembershipUsers class to show your custom control only to Authenticated users. You can also use Page.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated.
4. On button click - your save button persists the data using Sitefinity API
Creating a new post will be easy because you do not need to get the ID of the current post. Modifying will be more complicated because you need to have the ID of the post being watched. There are two ways that you can use to get the ID.
- Wrap your custom login in a control that Derives from BlogPosts control. Override one of the methods (for instance SetMetaData) that has content item as a parameter.
- Add the ID of each post as a QueryString then get the id from the url.
Once you have the ID you can get the content item using GetContent method.
the Telerik team