+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Http 404: Search results cannot be clicked on

Http 404: Search results cannot be clicked on

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. James@Nw
    James@Nw avatar
    265 posts
    05 May 2009
    01 Nov 2010
    Link to this post

Hi Guys,

This is in response to this forum post which I finally got working.

In the end I found that if I deleted my Search Results index and started from scratch, the search then worked however; this is the error message I get on some of the clicked on search result queries.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

I am thinking that maybe these results have been cached somewhere and the re-indexing has not flushed out past results? Could this be a possibility?

Is there a way to ensure that anything indexed is completely cleaned out when I re-index all the content again?

Thanks,
    James
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    01 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi James,

If you run the index from Sitefinity >> Administration >> Search this updates all search segments and there should not be old data. When you remove a content item, this also partially triggers the index and the record is removed from there are well.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered