HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. Rajkumar GS
    Rajkumar GS avatar
    24 posts
    07 Sep 2009
    08 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    I am upgrading the GUI of a 3-tier asp.net project with Sitefinity. I have read most of the online tutorials. Since the concept of Sitefinity is entirely different from tradition asp.net development, it confused me initially. I am not sure whether I have complete idea now.

In this project, I have a search page, which is using GridView control to bind. I have created a usercontrol by copy and paste the code from aspx and code-behind for this page and added it in Sitefinity as a user control. Also I have added the Business Logic Layer's & Data Access Layer's DLL into Sitefinity project in Visual Studio.

In 'Pages' section I have created a new page and added the new custom control. But when I run - an error
    please see the screenshot.

When I removed that user-control, it works fine with different url. please see the file 'Without user-control.JPG'

Am I doing correctly ? How could I fix this error and make this page run ?

Regards
    Raj
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    10 Jan 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Rajkumar,

It looks like you have some logic in your control that makes redirect to the "Default" page. If you create a control below do you get the same redirect.

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="WebUserControl.ascx.cs" Inherits="Controls_WebUserControl" %>

<asp:Literal runat="server" ID="Literal1" ></asp:Literal>

code behind

using System;

public partial class Controls_WebUserControl : System.Web.UI.UserControl
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Literal1.Text = "Hello";
        }
    }

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Rajkumar GS
    Rajkumar GS avatar
    24 posts
    07 Sep 2009
    10 Jan 2011
    Link to this post

Thanks great! You are right. I copied the code from a working project and missed out to check the Page_Load function. There was a logical check whether the user has logged in or not. If not, it will redirect to 'Default.aspx'

Sorry for my silly mistake.

Thanks
    Raj

Register for webinar
3 posts, 0 answered