HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

11 posts, 0 answered
  1. Mark
    Mark avatar
    3 posts
    09 Apr 2009
    10 Apr 2009
    Link to this post

I downloaded the community version 3.6.1870 ASP 2.0 (and copied the patch files over the top of the install files) and trying to test this out... having some issues. Created a site during the install but haven't actually got into it yet. Using Vista x64 Ultimate SP1, 8 GB RAM, Q6700 CPU. A little frustrated trying to figure out the problem. Please advise what I'm doing wrong...

Error Summary

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification BeginRequest
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
    Config File \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.6 Community\WebSites\DDCStaff\web.config
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/DDCStaff
    Physical Path C:\Program Files (x86)\telerik\Sitefinity3.6 Community\WebSites\DDCStaff
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Config Source
     5: <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> 6: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" /> 7: <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    10 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Mark,

It seems that you are trying to add entries in the web.config which are duplicates of inherited entries.
    Also you say "I downloaded the community version 3.6.1870 ASP 2.0 (and copied the patch files over the top of the install files)"
    The patch is applied only in case you want to upgrade to one version to another - 3.6.1870 is the last official release we have.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Mark
    Mark avatar
    3 posts
    09 Apr 2009
    10 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Ok... I didn't understand the patch thing. I only did that because it was doing the same thing before I did it. Was just trying it to see if it made any difference. On the duplicate web.config entries... I didn't add anything, it was doing that by itself. The install doesn't work well for me for some reason. Perhaps I should delete it all and start over again. I ran Sitefinity_3_6_1870_community_NET20. Just a little frustrated that I can't make it work. Tries yesterday, then deleted everything and tried again today. I can do the install and create a project, then just not acces the web site. Not sure if the install does all I need (evidently not0 or what else I need to do myself in conjunction with the install. Don't mean to be a bother to everyone... it's not a big deal, I was just checking it out and thinking of using it on our company intranet at the data center. I'll mess with it a little mre and if I can't make it work, I'll just check something else out. We already have an intranet site of course, I was just kinda bored with it and tinkering with alternatives. Thanks for feedback though.
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    13 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Mark,

Thank you for getting back to me.

The error indicates that you have some duplicated lines at scriptResourcesHandler section "There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined "

Another approach that I suggest is that you could try installing Sitefinity from a blank project - check out SitefinityWatch

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  5. Mark
    Mark avatar
    3 posts
    09 Apr 2009
    14 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Yeah... but the odd thing is I haven't edited anything, I just do a default install and then create a site... and that happens when I try to browse to the site. I guess tomorrow I can try the empty site thing. I'm still not sure if running the install is all I need to do or if there's some manual steps. When I looked at the installation giude, some stuff doesn't seem clear to me or the info shown (screen shots, etc.) isn't exactly what I see. I haven't messed with it for a couple of days, I have a couple of days off now, so I probably will tinker with it a little more before giving up and looking at other options. Thanks for feedback. 
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    14 Apr 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello Mark,

I suggest that you should clean up the old installation and start from the very beginning follow Installation Guide or give a try to Blank project installation.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

7. pete
    pete avatar
    2 posts
    17 Jun 2006
    23 Oct 2009
    Link to this post

I ran your tool in VS 2010 to upgrade to Telerik site, I've seen this script problem many times, old vista build and new one from Sept.  I used to just give up and create new Web Site on my local machine

My entire system is down, every site reports this error all from the tool that is VS context menu.  I spend so much time chasing telerik errors that my regular work is being delayed. 

Does your tool make changes below the web.config and if so how can I remove this problem?  I've got over 100 sites in development, they are run your controls.  There is no question your tool created the problem. 

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification Unknown
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x800700b7
    Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config
    Requested URL http://bank:80/
    Physical Path
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Config Source
     13: <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"> 14: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/> 15: <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
    Links and More InformationThis error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.

View more information »

8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    25 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Hello pete,

You probably have a web.config file that has the same entry in a parent directory. Configuration inherits from the parent and this generates the error. Another option is to have the same element twice in your web.config file.You can also try removing the second section or add <clear /> before it.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  9. pete
    pete avatar
    2 posts
    17 Jun 2006
    25 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Ivan,

The problem was Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 that came out last week.  I was able to restore the applicationhost.config by creating a new web site in Visual Studio which then overrode settings changed by your wizard.  I wish that telerik had a location that showed your products compared to products released by ASP.NET, one clear form akin to spreadsheet.  Between AJAX, Telerik and Microsoft i find that I spend far too much time reading long version strings.  It's harder for me as I litterally have created hundreds of microsites and very soon I am releasing years of code that I've personally created. Several of my Made For Adsense sites will actually have how it's done links.  Detailed breakdown of the ASP.NET technology and how it was used on the site from Logon on over the adding, deleting and updating records. 

I won't be the first bleary eyed programmer to make this mistake. 

10. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    28 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi pete,

I also think that it will be good to have some pages of Sitefinity.com that shows this information. We will consider adding some spreadsheet. Thank you for your post and feedback.

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
  11. Nikola
    Nikola avatar
    1 posts
    02 Nov 2010
    07 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Thank you! The
    <configSections>
        <clear />

solved my problems!
Register for webinar
11 posts, 0 answered