Library Items All 404'ing

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. mrbowling
    mrbowling avatar
    15 posts
    24 Apr 2007
    30 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    I have setup several libraries and uploaded files, the files are displaying fine. All the information is correct however when clicking the .ashx (Libraries/UsersLibrary/loginLogo.sflb.ashx) i am getting a 404. This is the standard edition trial outta the box no modifications with a SQL Express backend, have I missed a step?
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    16 Jun 2017
    30 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi mrbowling,

Check whether you have the following handlers in your web.config ( these one are for integrated mode, you should have the same if you are not using IIS 7)

<add name="SitefinityThumbnail" path="*.tmb" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityThumbnailAdd" path="*.tmb.ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityLibrary" path="*.sflb" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityLibraryAdd" path="*.sflb.ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 

Make sure that UrlRewriteFormat is correctly set in your web.config ( the example below represents the default format)

<add name="Libraries" urlRewriteFormat="~/{Provider}/{LibraryName}/[Name].sflb.ashx" .......... 

If the above lines exist, make sure that your firewall or other software does not stop requests.

Sincerely yours,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. mrbowling
    mrbowling avatar
    15 posts
    24 Apr 2007
    30 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    I verified the web.config entries

<add name="Libraries" urlRewriteFormat="~/{Provider}/{LibraryName}/[Name].sflb.ashx" urlDateTimeFormat="yy-MM-dd" urlWhitespaceChar="_" visible="False" defaultMetaField="Name" applicationName="/Libraries" allowVersioning="False" allowLocalization="False" localizationProviderName="" allowWorkflow="False" securityProviderName="" versioningProviderName="" connectionStringName="GenericContentConnection" type="Telerik.Libraries.Data.DefaultProvider, Telerik.Libraries.Data" tagEditorTemplate="~/Sitefinity/Admin/ControlTemplates/Libraries/BatchTagsEditor.ascx"/> 

and

<add name="SitefinityTemplate" path="*.template" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="Script" preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness32"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityThumbnail" path="*.tmb" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityThumbnailAdd" path="*.tmb.ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityLibrary" path="*.sflb" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 
          <add name="SitefinityLibraryAdd" path="*.sflb.ashx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" type="Telerik.Cms.Engine.ContentHttpHandler, Telerik.Cms.Engine"/> 

And firewall is off, is there something else I should look for?
  4. mrbowling
    mrbowling avatar
    15 posts
    24 Apr 2007
    31 Jul 2009
    Link to this post
    The problem was having spaces in the project name, replaced " " with "_" works great :)
  5. Jeremy Summers
    Jeremy Summers avatar
    2 posts
    21 Sep 2009
    09 Oct 2009
    Link to this post
    I would like to add that I had the same problem.  None of the images in any of my projects were displaying and were giving a 404 error.  After removing the space from the project name, the images appear properly.
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered