1-888-365-2779
+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / New Module content is missing

New Module content is missing

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Daniel Plomp
    Daniel Plomp avatar
    952 posts
    Registered:
    18 Feb 2004
    30 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Telerik,

    I've set up  newslist and newsdetail pages in my website.
    All is working as aspected, but the content is not appearing on the news detail page.

    What am I doing wrong? I thought that it was just linking from the page with the NewsList control to the page with the NewsDetail control?

    Hope you can give me some advice.

    Thanks,
    Daniel
  2. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    31 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Daniel Plomp,

    Unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce this behavior with Sitefinity SP2.
    Please make sure that you have done the following:

    1. Set both NewsList and SingleNews pages as Normal pages.

    2. Published both NewsList and SingleNews pages.

    3. Set the NewsListUrl property of the SingleNews control to point to the page with the NewsList control.

    4. Set the SingleNewsPage property of the NewsListControl to point to the page with the SingleNews control.

    Let us know if you are doing anything differently or if we are missing something.

    All the best,
    Rebecca
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  3. Daniel Plomp
    Daniel Plomp avatar
    952 posts
    Registered:
    18 Feb 2004
    31 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Hello Rebecca,

    Thanks for the reply.
    I've tried different things, but ended up by deleting the newsitem and re-created it. After that it worked as aspected.

    Before I deleted it I saw that there was a status 'Locked by Admin'. I don't know if that had anything to do with it? I don't use the workflow functionality and I am logged on as Admin.

    Thanks,
    Daniel
  4. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    31 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Hi Daniel Plomp,

    There was a bug in Sitefinity SP1 with "Locked by Admin" showing under the Status column for all content items (in modules based on Generic content). It has been fixed in SP2.
     Are you sure you are using Sitefinity SP2?
    Could you please check the exact assembly version of Telerik.Cms.dll in your project bin folder?

    All the best,
    Rebecca
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
  5. Daniel Plomp
    Daniel Plomp avatar
    952 posts
    Registered:
    18 Feb 2004
    31 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Hello Rebecca,

    The assembly version I use is: 3.0.1323.1

    Daniel
  6. Rebecca
    Rebecca avatar
    536 posts
    Registered:
    24 Sep 2012
    31 Jul 2007
    Link to this post
    Yes, Daniel, this is Sitefinity SP2 indeed. We will have a look at your project and let you know about our findings.
    Sorry for not being able to help you immediately.

    Best wishes,
    Rebecca
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered