How page preview mode works
1. You make a request to a page and inside url code we get the page id
2. We call CmsManager class and its GetPage method where we pass the id returned from the query string
3. We cast the page to ICmsPage and check wheter the current user has view permissions
4. After we get the page through the CmsManager we use the staged version of the page by calling page.Staged. This returns the staged object which should be the same as this one used in "EDIT" mode.
5. We read the template of the page by using stagedPage.Template.MasterPage. If there is no master page associated with this page we load Sitefinity/Dummy.master. If there is a master page we load the master page from your App_Master folder
The SteagedPage has a data class which uses Nolics data layer which gets/sets data to the database. In this case StagedPageContent table is queries where we get MasterPage value for the current page
The actual query to the database uses the latest staged version stagedPage.Version and staged.ID as an identifier. The the value is returned as an object in our code.
6. Then we call stagedPage.Controls and add each control to its ContentPlaceHolder
Is it possible for you to provide us with credentials to the website? You can open a support request and send them to use together with 2 screenshots that represents the issue and link to the website.
Have you tried to edit an publish this page? Do you see any difference when you are in edit and preview mode or this happens only on the live page? The Edit and Preview mode should show the same page. There we use the staged version of the cms page. Can you reproduce the issue on another newly created page or the problem is related only to a single page? If the issue is related to a single page then there were some manual changes to the database or you used some code to alter the staged version.
So page preview and page edit shows staged version. The live view shows published version.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items