4 posts, 0 answered
  1. tim
    tim avatar
    27 posts
    12 Oct 2010
    09 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    hi

i have seen other threads but they seem to be about upgrading (which I dont want to do). I have been updating an old site and when I added a radcontrol it asked if i wanated to upgrade the web.ui, i said no and it did it anyway ! Now, I am unable to load parts of the admin as it is complaining with this error:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.515.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' or one of its dependencies"

I have updated the web.config with these 3 as per the messages I did find:

<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
    <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
    <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />

but this doesnt seem to have helped, so is there anyway I can download the that dll and just replace it ?
    (i have seen that you cannot download versions from before you joined and I joined in 3.x)
    thanks
    tim
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    09 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi tim,

The error says that the project you use looks for the Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.515.20 assembly, but the assembly is not in your bin or it is not referenced in your project.

All the best,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. tim
    tim avatar
    27 posts
    12 Oct 2010
    10 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    hi ivan

the problem was when I dragged a radmenu item from the toolbox onto the page it asks "Telerik.Web.Ui already exists, do I want to update it" (or something like that), I click "No" but it updates it anyway, I have this problem before but have had access to the previous version so I have just re-added as a reference and overwritten the *newer* one. My problem was that I didnt have that one (2008.1.515.20) so wondered if it was possible to download it from somewhere. As it happened I managed to get access to the original site and I grabbed it from there.

I dont know if its a problem with Visual Studio or Sitefinity, but one of them decides it knows best and just overwrites it !

thanks anyway

tim
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    10 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi tim,

You can log inside Telerik.com using the same credentials you use for Sitefinity and see whether you are allowed to download older versions.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered