15 Jul 2008
22 Jul 2008
Link to this post
I've searched the forums over but didnt quite see what I was looking for. If I'm reasking questions - sorry.
I'm getting ready to build a community site that will have a combination of free content, content for sale and subscription access. Besides the normal content stuff (SF seems to do that well), forums (again - good job), blogs (again - good).
Overall I really like what I've seen (I've not cracked open the VS project yet) - just played with the web admin tools. So the questions:
1) How to I get a login button up?
2) How do I make the site behave like this one does? I'm on a computer now that has never been here. When I got to the forum area I could look around, but when I clicked "create new thread" I was asked to login (or register). How can I set that up?
3) Could I set it up so that when you go to the forums (or other designated areas) it asks you to login?
4) Can I customize the registration page so that I can collect payment as part of the registration process?
5) Can I just add aspx pages to the structure? I need to be able to create
sales landing pages as part of my ad campaigns. Would I be correct assuming I could just create a subdirectory and throw my pages there and it will just work?