More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / The server method 'GetContentItems' failed. Code: 405

The server method 'GetContentItems' failed. Code: 405

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. Mike
    Mike avatar
    221 posts
    Registered:
    19 Aug 2008
    20 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    I get the following error when attempted to view content items:

    The server method 'GetContentItems' failed. Code: 405

    The really weird thing here is that i published a demo version of the site out to our production server yesterday and the error disappeared in this version of the site. It appears to only happen on my local dev version...

    Any idea as to what this might be and how i can resolve it?

    Duncan
  2. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    23 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Duncan,

    We believe that the reason for the error is something related to the Ajax settings on your server. Do you use any Ajax functionality with success? Are you able to create an Ajax postback? This explains why there are no errors when you move the site to the production server.

    You might try to install the latest service packs of the .net framework, they come with fixed in the Ajax framework as well. You can also try to switch your server, if you debug under Cassini (the build in Web Development server in Visual Studio), you might want to try the same under IIS.

    Sincerely yours,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
  3. Mike
    Mike avatar
    221 posts
    Registered:
    19 Aug 2008
    23 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Georgi i will make sure to update my development machine today and get back to you if the issue persists...

    AJAX functionality on this machine seems to be working fine, there are no issues there. But let me do all the updates i can and see if this fixes anythign and i will be sure to let you know here...

    Duncan
  4. Mike
    Mike avatar
    221 posts
    Registered:
    19 Aug 2008
    23 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Georgi,

    As i mentioned in my other post i updated my dev machine here with the latest AJAX Control Toolkit and latest ms updates... The problem persists. But i have a feeling that these two issues are related in some way? Could i be getting this error because the Dynamic Assemblies are not able to generate?

    http://www.sitefinity.com/support/forums/support-forum-thread/b1043S-bhcggt.aspx

    Duncan
  5. Mike
    Mike avatar
    221 posts
    Registered:
    19 Aug 2008
    25 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Georgi,

    I FIXED IT!!! WooHoo!

    You were correct about the reason for the problem but what it took for me to get this fixed and working is this:

    1. Uninstall AJAX Extensions
    2. Uninstall all version of the .Net Framework
    3. Remove any remaining folder in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
    4. Reinstall .Net Framework 2.0 from Redistributable package
    5. Reinstall AJAX extensions
    6. Repair Visual Studio... (agh!)
    And it work now!

    Duncan
  6. Georgi
    Georgi avatar
    3583 posts
    Registered:
    28 Oct 2016
    25 Feb 2009
    Link to this post
    Hi Duncan,

    I am really glad that you managed to fix this! I have planned to start a research on that problem. Too bad you need to do such time consuming tasks sometimes.

    Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

    Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
    Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Register for webinar
6 posts, 0 answered