Try Now
More in this section

Forums / Developing with Sitefinity / Video Control exception (0x80004005)

Video Control exception (0x80004005)

3 posts, 1 answered
  1. Scott Rozman
    Scott Rozman avatar
    93 posts
    10 Oct 2012
    08 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Recently, we've added Elmah to the Sitefinity sites we are working on, so we can keep better handle on whether or not users encounter problems, including problems with user controls we develop or even bad links in the site.

Today, I've been working with some video content and displaying with the Sitefinity Video user control.
    when I click on my video in the listing and play the video, Elmah seems to catch an exception, which seems that there is an attempt to retrieve a resource that does not exist via /WebResource.axd.

My video shows up fine and all of the text seems to be there as expected, but I could use help in determining if this is "normal" and Elmah just shows things that are normally ignored, or if I've altered something.
    I was working with a second General Content Library provider to share video between Sitefinity instances in different sub-domains, however I seem to be catching the same exception when I use the original "Libraries" provider.

Thanks in advance!

System.Web.HttpException: This is an invalid webresource request.

Generated: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:49:23 GMT

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): This is an invalid webresource request.
       at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Oct 2016
    09 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Scott,

There is a failing embedded resource. The problem is in our code and it has been fixed. The problem appears when you have comments enabled. You ca fix the the issue by following steps below

1. Download external templates from your account  >> Download section
    2. Map Sitefinity\ControlTemplates\Libraries\ListVideoDetails.ascx template to the control
    3. Modify the declaration of CommentsList control inside ListVideoDetails.ascx template

<sfWeb:CommentsList ID="commentsList" runat="server" CssClass="sf_commentsList" LayoutTemplatePath="~/Sitefinity/ControlTemplates/Generic_Content/CommentsList.ascx"></sfWeb:CommentsList>

4. Put CommentsList.ascx external template to Sitefinity\ControlTemplates\Generic_Content folder
    5.Open the template and remove the line below

<telerik:CssFileLink ID="CssFileLink1" EmbeddedFileName="Telerik.Cms.Engine.Resources.ControlTemplates.Frontend.genericContentCommonLayout.css" FileName="" Media="screen" runat="server" />

Useful links

Best wishes,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Scott Rozman
    Scott Rozman avatar
    93 posts
    10 Oct 2012
    09 Nov 2010
    Link to this post
    Thanks, Ivan for the quick response.
Register for webinar
3 posts, 1 answered