Try Now
More in this section

Forums / General Discussions / 4.3 --> 4.4 Upgrade Issue

4.3 --> 4.4 Upgrade Issue

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. EuclidLibrary
    EuclidLibrary avatar
    18 posts
    28 Aug 2008
    21 Dec 2011
    Link to this post
    Just an FYI to those early adopters upgrading to the latest and greatest.  The Sitefinity Project Manger performed the database upgrade but did not copy the updated Telerik dlls to the bin directory of the site.  Symptoms of this issue include an error message about database schema mismatch and/or dll version mismatch.

    To resolve this issue: after upgrading the site via the Project Manger create a new 4.4 site and then copy and paste the updated dlls into your existing site.
  2. Dan Sorensen
    Dan Sorensen avatar
    256 posts
    13 Aug 2010
    21 Dec 2011
    Link to this post
    I found that it upgrade my project (included the dll files in the bin directory), but did not include them into the project. New files such as ~/Sitefinity/Services/DynamicModules/* appeared as hidden files in Visual Studio. Therefore, when I went to web deploy, it did not include some of the necessary files.

    I also had to add a reference to /bin/Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll in order for the licensing screens to work.

    I went through the Sitefinity folder and included the new modules and my upgraded project works just fine now.
2 posts, 0 answered