404 errors in Admin Panel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2018 08:50

404 errors in Admin Panel

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,
We moved our web site (built using sitefinity4.0) to staging environment (IIS7.0 with application pool in integrated mode.) and we are facing a problem in the admin module. I am able to login in the admin panel but when I am trying to access a page/any link, I getting error “The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changes or is temporarily unavailable”

After going through some forums I found that we need to change the handler to web <system.webServer>(because of Integrated mode) but still its giving me the same error.

I also changed application mode for Integrated to classic but it didn’t solve the problem. Also  I tried moving the web site to IIS6.0 I am getting the same error.

In my local machine everything worked fine.

Also just to mention I using Trial license in the staging environment

Please HELP!!!

Hello Shailendra,

Please make sure that you have handler mappings for svc and xaml

For Request type - *.svc
Type - System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpHandlerFactory, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

*.svc
c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

For *.xaml

System.Xaml.Hosting.XamlHttpHandlerFactory, System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35

For .*.svc

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll

I also attached a screenshot with the IIS settings.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I have checked the suggested setting but still getting the same error.
Is there anything with the " Trial license "

Please reply

Hello Shailendra,

The license key is not the problem. Since this project is working on your staging server, the problem is in the new infrastructure. We use wcf services and when you click on "Pages" we call the service. The error 404 is very common, but most probably the problem is in the IIS mappings.

Are you able to run anther ASP.NET website that uses simple WCF service on the new machine and make a call to the service?

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi,

We have web site on the same server calling WCF webservice.

Is there anything we can check.

Also we have created a web site instead of web application and publish it to te staging server.Is there is an issue with pubishing a web site?

Pls help.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Shailendra,

Here is a link to all default requirements and settings that you should have. If you still get the issue, then there is something related to the IIS where the project is hosted, since the website is working properly on another machines.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi,
we followed the your link to ensure that we have all the setting in place for deploying the site. but we got the error saying "Sitefinity/Licensing resource not found."

We thought we are making error in seting up a website. Hence we followed step by step to convert a simple sitefinity web application to a web site.
http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/joshmorales/posts/11-03-09/followup_converting_sitefinity_4_web_application_projects_to_web_site_projects.aspx
but still we got the same error..

Then we tried deploying sitefinity web application on the staging server and evrything worked! but our aim to deloy web site on the Staging and the production..

Please find attached error we r facing while deploying the web site.

Lastly
- there any option to convert sitefinity web application to web site directly?  OR
- toady by default sitefinity makes web application, can we change this setiing so that it will create web site as defult?

please help!!!!

Hello Shailendra,

Could you check the HTTP request/response ( you can use fire bug - Net tab) and see if there are failing resources. The page that should appear is an embedded resources.

Can you try to add the license ( lic file) manually inside App_Data/Sitefinity/ folder.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I tried creating the site without publishing the SF project(using VS2010- just build the solution) by putting the pages and folders in IIS and Now i am able to see the pages and admin panel without any problem (with the same setting in IIS).
This is same content I was trying with the pulished before and I was facing the problem,

I even creates simple project in SF4.0 and published it as web site then I gave me the same 404 error.

Is there any issues with publishing the sitefinity project in vs2010?

Please help!

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Shailendra,

We have not tested this scenario and I cannot guarantee that there would not be an issue. This is why I suggest that you should use our ProjectManager for publishing. I will log a task for testing the VS publish options with Sitefinity.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed