+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / General Discussions / Analytics stalls at "Loading Sitefinity Analytics"

Analytics stalls at "Loading Sitefinity Analytics"

8 posts, 0 answered
  1. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2012
    23 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    I am not sure what is going on.  This is my second site that I have launched and the first site is not having this issue.  The only difference between the two is this site was upgraded from an RC version. When I click on the Analytics link I get the initial Silverlight loading screen.  Then I get the "Loading Sitefinity Analytics" and it never goes any further.

    I looked with firebug and it is generating a 500 internal server error on a post for the AnalyticsPermissionsServices.svc

    Any ideas on what is going on?  I have looked over my permissions and cannot find what might be missing.  I have the app pool set to network services and have full control on App_Data (though services are not under this folder).

    Edit:
    I tried to remove the analytics config file from app_data to see if it was causing an issue.  I am still having the same problem when doing that.  I took another look with firebug and looked at the xml output.  It says"
    XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: moz-nullprincipal:{d5e9f358-37fd-41f1-920c-ee989d2ae21a} Line Number 1, Column 1:
    ^
  2. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2012
    23 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    This is the script error that is being thrown in Firefox and IE

    Webpage error details

    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MAAU; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Zune 4.7)
    Timestamp: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 17:37:27 UTC


    Message: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid.  Check InnerException for exception details.   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncCompletedEventArgs.RaiseExceptionIfNecessary()
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs.get_Result()
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.Services.WcfPermissionsService.ApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object sender, ApplicationIsConfiguredCompletedEventArgs e)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.UI.Infrastructure.PermissionsService.AnalyticsPermissionsServiceClient.OnApplicationIsConfiguredCompleted(Object state)
    Line: 1
    Char: 1
    Code: 0


  3. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2012
    23 Feb 2011
    Link to this post
    It looks like just removing the analytics config is not enough.  Removing both it and the dashboard.config seems to reset whatever was throwing the exception.  This post details what you will need to do if you are having a similar situation.
  4. Hristo Borisov
    Hristo Borisov avatar
    190 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2016
    01 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Stacey,

    Yes, removing the DashboardPermissions.config and AnalyticsConfiguration.config is the way to restart your Analytics application. However I am interested in the way this happened. Are you upgrading your website from a previous version in which it used to work, or is it the first time you are setting up your Analytics application?

    It would be great if you let us know how you manage to come to the problem, so that we can schedule a fix for it as soon as possible.

    Regards,
    Hristo Borisov
    the Telerik team
  5. Stacey
    Stacey avatar
    291 posts
    Registered:
    18 Oct 2012
    02 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hristo,

    When RC 2 was out I configured analytics on this site to see what it looked like.  It was working at that time as far as I can remember.  Then I upgraded to your release build and found the problem I described in this post. 

    When I looked through the config folder under App_Data I did see backup files which I am assuming came from the RC2 to RTM upgrade.  In total I had 4 files and opted to just remove them all to be safe.

    AnalyticsConfiguration.config
    AnalyticsConfiguration.bak
    DashboardPermissions.config
    DashboardPermissions.bak

  6. Hristo Borisov
    Hristo Borisov avatar
    190 posts
    Registered:
    18 Nov 2016
    09 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Stacey,

    Thank you for your assistance. In future we will do our best to be careful when we change anything part of the configuration files and make sure much better upgrade path that doesn't cause any inconvenience for you.

    Let me know if you need further assistance.

    Kind regards,
    Hristo Borisov
    the Telerik team
  7. Charles
    Charles avatar
    61 posts
    Registered:
    18 Jul 2012
    24 Jul 2012
    Link to this post
    I have the same problem. I upgraded from 4.4 to 5.1. I am going to attempt the dashboard and analytics
  8. Charles
    Charles avatar
    61 posts
    Registered:
    18 Jul 2012
    24 Jul 2012
    Link to this post
    Yes, this solution works. I have my old config files Telerik wants them. My 4.4 site upgraded to 5.1 caused this error. Resolved by taking dashboard and analytics out.
8 posts, 0 answered