1-888-365-2779
+1-888-365-2779
Try Now
More in this section

Forums / General Discussions / Custom module registiration

Custom module registiration

8 posts, 0 answered
  1. nezih
    nezih avatar
    1 posts
    Registered:
    05 Feb 2011
    14 Mar 2011
    Link to this post

    Hi,
     
    I am developing a custom module. My first module is working smoothly based on products module.
    But another module ( that i developed exactly the same way as first module) gives the error in the
    attached file when it is registered.

    I developed both of the modules by imitating the products module. I just change landingpage ids, guids etc.

    I would be appreciated  if you suggest me a way to solve this problem.

    Thanks in advance

    Nezih Öztürk

  2. Nikolay Datchev
    Nikolay Datchev avatar
    87 posts
    Registered:
    01 Nov 2016
    24 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi nezih,

    I am sorry for the delayed answer. Are you still experiencing the "Database has been disposed problem". I cannot directly related this error to something we have experienced, but if you attach the code of your module we can try to debug or see some problems that might cause this.

    Best wishes,
    Nikolay Datchev
    the Telerik team
  3. Brian Crosby
    Brian Crosby avatar
    29 posts
    Registered:
    02 Jan 2006
    28 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    I'm getting this error too. All I did was copy the products sample module and renamed everything.


    Here's a link to the source code:

    http://www.sendspace.com/file/34tg3h

  4. Brian Crosby
    Brian Crosby avatar
    29 posts
    Registered:
    02 Jan 2006
    28 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    This shows up in the error log:

    ----------------------------------------
    Timestamp: 27/03/2011 11:38:27 PM
    Message: HandlingInstanceID: 2e313f64-46b6-4e45-9cc9-4319fd09cd80
    An exception of type 'System.ObjectDisposedException' occurred and was caught.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    03/28/2011 10:38:27
    Type : System.ObjectDisposedException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
    Message : Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'Database has been disposed.'.
    Source : Unity_ILEmit_DynamicClasses
    Help link :
    ObjectName : Database has been disposed.
    Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    TargetSite : Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.User GetUser(System.Guid)
    Stack Trace :    at DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMembershipProvider_986c748ea6414f9ba655f2b472bd9ffd.GetUser(Guid id)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager.GetUser(Guid id)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.UpdateUserActivity(Guid userId, String providerName, DateTime lastActivityDate)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.UpdateUserActivity(UserActivityRecord record)
       at Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserActivityManager.Refresh(String removedKey, Object expiredValue, CacheItemRemovedReason removalReason)

    Additional Info:

    MachineName : AS32
    TimeStamp : 27/03/2011 11:38:27 PM
    FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=4.0.1210.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
    AppDomainName : 66c6eee8-4-129457424651285806
    ThreadIdentity :
    WindowsIdentity : DMGROUP\Brian.Crosby

    Category: ErrorLog
    Priority: 0
    EventId: 9010
    Severity: Warning
    Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling
    Machine: AS32
    App Domain: 66c6eee8-4-129457424651285806
    ProcessId: 5424
    Process Name: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DevServer\10.0\WebDev.WebServer40.exe
    Thread Name:
    Win32 ThreadId:3944
    Extended Properties:
    ----------------------------------------
  5. Brian Crosby
    Brian Crosby avatar
    29 posts
    Registered:
    02 Jan 2006
    29 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    It turns out that the problem was caused by a conflict with the products module. If I install the products module and my custom module at the same time I get the databse error. But If I install either one individually, I don't get the error. I'm not sure what is causing the conflict but I can't spend anymore time on it so I just uninstalled the products module.
  6. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    16 Jun 2017
    30 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Brian,

    The problem could be relating if there is some call in the custom module you use and it is disposing the context. In this case it is possible that the database is disposed before the context is disposed and the sequence of the events is changed.

    Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
  7. Brian Crosby
    Brian Crosby avatar
    29 posts
    Registered:
    02 Jan 2006
    31 Mar 2011
    Link to this post
    I'm using the same code as the poducts module. I just renamed it. So the products module would have to be disposing the context. I'm using the products module from SP1.
  8. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    Registered:
    16 Jun 2017
    07 Apr 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi Brian,

    I am not able to replicate this issue locally. It would be better if you can open a support request the project so we can perform some tests locally.

    Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

8 posts, 0 answered