Hi Jean and William,
I understand your pain. We anticipated that these changes in OpenAccess would eventually lead to issues like yours and this is why I published the blog post you mentioned, some time before the release, so that guys like you could know beforehand this was coming. Unfortunately even this is not enough and we know it.
Historically we've released SDK and samples in it together with the product, but this failed for other reasons. We didn't allow ourselves enough time to go through all samples and change them to work with the newly released version of Sitefinity. This is why we decided to release the SDK a while after Sitefinity itself and we are doing our best to deliver it to you next week. We are learning from all the feedback you guys send all the time, and we are thankful for it. The SDK is still a baby product, but we have put your need for samples and guidance as our top priority and I can assure you in the next months we'll clear our all problems and continue to support you and provide new development resources.
To answer your specific questions (I also answered one of them in the comments after the mentioned blog post):
These are the assembly references you need in your module:
- Telerik.Web.UI (if you are using RadControls)
class is in the Telerik.Sitefinity
class is in the Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Data
When you have added the assembly references, there are easy ways to include missing namespaces, even without knowing what they are.
For scenarios like these, I would highly recommend using JustCode
- it is a great Visual Studio plugin which can automatically resolve the namespaces when you have a reference to the respective assemblies. Also, Visual Studio can do this (just hit Ctrl + dot
when the cursor is on the class you need to import a using for).
Thank you both for the patience until we resolve these issues.
the Telerik team