We have just rolled out a new internal build - 4.2.1679.0.
THIS IS A DEVELOPERS VERSION ONLY, BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY FOR YOUR DATABASE WILL NOT BE SUPPORTED WITH FUTURE VERSIONS. PLEASE DON'T UPGRADE YOUR PRODUCTION OR DEVELOPMENT WEBSITE WITH THIS RELEASE. USE ONLY TO TEST THE LATEST FUNCTIONALITY AND REMOVE ROADBLOCKING BUGS SO THAT YOU CAN CONTINUE WRITING YOUR CODE. THUS IT IS SUITABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSES ONLY.
This Internal build improves the migration for Pages, Libraries and News. As a result of popular demand, Sitefinity 3.x .NET3.5 is now supported. There are number of bug fixes and improvements in Sitefinity as well.
Full list of changes:
What's New in the Migration Module
- Assemblies for Sitefinity 3.x .NET3.5
- Migrating Pages keeping their original and additional URLs with their extensions
- Migrating Pages and keeping their advanced settings from 3.7 - Caching options, head tags, Indexing options, SSL, ViewState
- Migrated Pages now appear published (used to be drafts before)
- MetaData migration – Migrating 3.x metadata - metafields and values.Definitions of 4.x are updated, so the 3.x fields are visible in 4.x backend. Currently implemented for blog posts, news & libraries.
Improvements in the Migration Module
- Libraries migration improvements – bug fixes, better handling for image links and urls in content items.
- Dates handling improvements
- The user is now notified when some of the selected modules for migration has been disabled in 3.7
- The user is now notified that the migration module does not support migration of multilingual projects if the 4.x is not configured to contain the same languages.
- Added "Test Connection” and “Check items count in module to migrate” functions
- The migration log is now visible in an auto-scroll window
- Stability fixes
Sitefinity Fixes and Improvements
- Pages: Different Pages extensions can be added via API
- Feeds: Blogs (but not blog posts) in feeds do not have links
- Feeds: Content Ordering in the inbound pipes fixes
- Feeds: Creating a feed results in "String was not recognized as valid DateTime" error
- Feeds: Exception might be thrown in some cases when accessing RSS feed
- Workflow: batch operations fixes
- Libraries: BlogStorageChoiceField does not hide disabled choices
- Libraries: Blog streaming fixes
- Performance: Improvements to HtmlParser
- Performance: Improvements in the Licensing Checks
- Content Lifecycle fixes
the Telerik team
Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward!
We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>