Sitefinity 7.3 Beta is available for download on this link
We have also beta NuGet packages available on http://nuget.sitefinity.com
We’d be happy to hear your feedback and questions on the coming release!
Please, upgrade your projects and let us know if you encounter any issues.
We updated the beta with a new build that you can download from the original link or here. The build includes fixes and improvements and latest versions of dev tools - RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, Kendo UI, Data Access and other. Feather is included in Sitefinity project manager installation as a Module.
Notes: This release is for testing and evaluation purposes. Upgrades from it will not be supported.
Search in the Cloud and other improvements
- Added integration with Azure Search and Elasticsearch which enables the use of Sitefinity Search on Windows Azure for both indexing and performing search.
- Included support for search suggestions, "starts with" search, advanced filtering, etc.
- Added filtering of search results by user permissions on the front end
- Added option to search in multisite mode, as one search index is created for all sites
Granular permissions in dynamic content
- Added option to set permissions on individual item level for dynamic content items (in Modules created with Module builder).
- Extended Permissions API to cover for specific scenarios such as:
- inheriting permissions form parent content items in hierarchical content types (video here), and
- assigning of permissions based on tags or other content item properties (video here)
Connector for SharePoint Online
- Added support for SharePoint Online in Sitefinity SharePoint Connector
- Reduced application start up times after restart/reset with about 60%
- Reduced page pre-compilation times
- Optimized permissions fetching when users opens page in Backend
- Introduced option to wait for a requested page to be added to output cache and then serve all consecutive request to it. (documentation).
(github link, project page)
Allows developers to build mobile-ready sites using their favorite frameworks and includes MVC stock widgets, an AngularJS widget designer framework, Boostrap and Gumby support, and more.
As of Sitefinity 7.3, we have introduced the following:
Automatically generated MVC widgets for dynamic content types
- Based on the Razor syntax
- Generated based on the structure of the dynamic content type
- Ability to manage widget templates from the Sitefinity backend
- Ability to control the generated widget markup (scaffolding)
- Advanced filtering by URL (related data, taxonomies, hierarchical types)
Reusable Content Selectors based on AngularJS
- Dynamic content selector
- Page selector
- Hierarchical taxonomy selector (categories)
- Custom taxonomy selector (auto populated with all taxonomies used in a type including custom field taxonomies)
- DateTime selector
- Multiple selection capability for all selector
- Updated to use the auto-generated widgets for dynamic content types
- Integrated the newly introduced content selectors and updated the old ones
As of Sitefinity 7.3, Feather will be shipped as standalone module, which needs to be installed from Modules and Services backend section. For more details, please visit the Feather Wiki on Github.
- Makes the SitefinityIdentity and UserIdentity classes serializable
- Fixed a problem with content changes not reflecting properly on the other nodes when using Load Balancing for Azure.
- Fixed an issue where server error is thrown when logging in with default admin user on Windows Azure with NLB enabled.
- Output cache is invalidated when clicking "back to pages" button.
Sitefinity Digital Experience Cloud
- DEC sentences were not sent for Html5 videos played from a youtube list.
- DEC sentences will contain absolute instead of relative URLs.
- All day events display as 2 day event in calendar view
- Fixed an issue where event body is not exported to Google calendar, ICal, Outlook
External blob storage provider for media (images, videos, documents)
- Moving media items to Azure Blob Storage from different libraries/folders results in overwritten content.
- Fixed a problem with the Forms module where editing an already published Form and duplicating a FormControl on it results in duplicate control IDs (An item with the same key has already been added exception when submitting the Form on the frontend) (FP)
- Calls to Notifications service was not correctly checked whether the call was from backend or frontend page.
- Search breaks when there are multiple providers for forums
- "Publish all" doesn't work in Pure Mvc page
Pages and Page Templates
- Added FIPS support for Url parameter signature for thumbnails.
- Changing LayoutControl properties not applied when publish the page (FP).
- Template won't change if you change it during page duplication.
- Duplicate page results in insufficient permissions error.
- "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" when you duplicate a page.
- Converting a Standard Page to Group and then back to Standard breaks the pages grid.
- Convert redirect page to normal page result in java script error
- Changing page permissions not applied when publish the page.
- Page editor throws exception when there is a user control in the toolbox and Feather is installed
- Fixed MVC controller cannot be found when attributes collection contains keys.
- MVC FileResult now sets the download filename as specified. (FP)
Media Content Libraries
- Custom Labels & Messages are not localizable when .cs files inherit from in-built controls. (FP)
- Fix setting pageSize of folderFIlter to 0 disables the paging functionality.
- Fix in Generate report
- Decreased number of requests to MultisiteService on every backend page when are more than 15 sites.
- Output cache is invalidated for non-default site in Multisite management.
- Fixed performance issue when opening hierarchical dynamic item for edit.
- It is now possible to add more than one field of type Media Related - Images.
Network Load Balancing
- Resolved an issue with Level 2 cache communication with more than one database.
Pages overriding template controls
- Content items can be prevented from including in sitemap by subscribing to ISitemapGeneratorContentRetrieving event and setting Cancel property of the event to true.
- Fixed issue with overriding control inherited from a template on the page. The designer was not correctly working with the base control and not the overridden control - as result the overridden properties were lost when opening the designer for a second time
- Fixed issue with deep inheritance - parent template > child template > page. When a control was overridden on a child template and then opened for overriding on the page it inherited the properties of the parent template control and not the overridden properties of the child template control.
- Cannot view to which pages a transformation rule is applied.
- Fixed the label for Confirmation Page Title that appears as null in the widget settings but is actually selected (FP)
- Content items with many related media fields no longer cause performance issues when opened in edit mode. (FP)
- When duplicating pages workflow status is now properly set to Draft.
- Unable to edit a widget via user with Editor role on page based on template (the widget is placed on the page template and the option "Make editable on pages" is checked) (FP)
- Fixed an issue where widgets placed on page templates cannot be edited in some cases.