You can implement CAPTCHA for Sitefinity Forms the only thing that you have to do is to follow the instructions bellow:
1. Download the project for the custom control from the blog post
2. Include it in your solution
3. Add in the SitefinityWebApp
reference (Add Reference -> Projects)
2. Add in the Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Forms
the following reference: Telerik.OpenAccess, Telerik.Sitefinity, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources, Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Telerik.Web.UI if it is necessary.
3. Build the solution and run the project.
4. Go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> VirtualPathSettings -> Virtual paths
and add a new virtual path for the control, then restart the website. The virtual path should exist in your computer. If you use ~/SfControls/*
you have to create SfControl
folder in your project and include the Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Forms
there. The resorce location should be Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Forms
and the ResolverName: EmbeddedResourceResolver
5. After that go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Toolboxes -> FormControls -> Sections -> Common -> Tools
and register the custom control. The Control CLR Type or Virtual Path must be: Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Forms.FormQapTchaControl
(namespace.class), the name of the control should be FormQapTchaControl
. Type a title and save the changes.
6. Go to you project
in Visual Studio.
5. Change your web configurations (web.config
) by simply making a dummy change and save them.
the solution of your project.
9. Open your project and the changes should be made.
For you convenience that is working I have recorded s sample video demonstration
As for the Captcha control in Sitefinity we have a feature request logged. You can track it at this public URL bellow and vote for its popularity:
I hope we will be able to include such functionality for the next releases.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items