1. Ruben Herrera
    Ruben Herrera avatar
    38 posts
    10 Jul 2009
    19 Apr 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello,

I´m testing wiki module and I have some questions:

-WikiView is a simple list of wiki pages but can I add tags or another information to that list?
    -How I can hide the tabs if a user does not have permission to create or modify a wiki, I mean when anonymous users click in a page, they must see only content or a personalized view more public.

Regards.
    Rubén
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    19 Apr 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ruben Herrera,

-WikiView is a simple list of wiki pages but can I add tags or another information to that list?

You could add each metakey to the template of the WikiView - WikiViewItemList.ascx as shown below for the Category

asp:Repeater ID="repeater" runat="server">
     <HeaderTemplate>
            <ul class="sf_wikiList">
        </HeaderTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
            <li>
                <h2 class="sf_wikiTitle">
                    <asp:HyperLink ID="fullContent1" runat="server">
                        <asp:Literal ID="Name" runat="server"></asp:Literal>
                    </asp:HyperLink>
                </h2>
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="dateCreatedContainer" runat="server">
                <p class="sf_wikiDate">
                    <asp:Literal runat="server" Text="Created:" />
                    <strong><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="dateCreated"></asp:Literal></strong>
                </p>
                </asp:PlaceHolder>
                <asp:PlaceHolder ID="dateModifiedContainer" runat="server">
                <p class="sf_wikiDate">
                    <asp:Literal runat="server" Text="Modified:" />  
                    <strong><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="dateModified"></asp:Literal></strong>               
                </p>
                <asp:Literal runat="server" ID="Category"></asp:Literal>
                </asp:PlaceHolder>
            </li>
        </ItemTemplate>
        <FooterTemplate>
            </ul>
        </FooterTemplate>
    </asp:Repeater>

If you want to add some data that is not persisted as a metakey you need to create a custom control that inherits from WikiView and override SetItemMetadata where you will be able to access the content item ( the wiki item) and get/set some tags or other properties that are exposed by IWilki or IContent object

2. The Wiki module supports permissions that you could set from the backend of the Wiki module. From there you can grant/deny permissions for a give role. This works in the same way as for all other GenericContent based modules.

Regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
  3. Ivaylo
    Ivaylo avatar
    1 posts
    02 Dec 2008
    12 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivan,

Regarding Ruben's 2nd question I also want to ask if there is any property or any way to hide the wiki tabs for the normal users. I have set the permissions of the "Everyone" role only to "View", but the tab still appears and when a non logged user clicks on the "Edit" for example, it just says that the user doesn't have permissions.
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ivaylo
  4. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    09 Dec 2016
    12 Jul 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi Ivaylo,

It depends on what you mean by "normal users". I suppose that these are public users that are not authenticated.

Everyone role is considered as a special role. When you set any permissions to this role they apply to all other custom roles you have created. Everyone role just updates security rights over all other roles. Basically when a user is not logged in there is no information about whether a given user has rights or not.
    There is no public property that you can use to hide the tabs of the RadTabStrip control.

Here is a similar forum discussion where I have provided a solution about how to hide tabs from wiki control - WikiItemPermission

The IDs of the RadPageView controls are

wikiContent - content tab

wikiEdit - edit tab

wikiComments - comments tab

wikiHistory - history tab

wikiSearch -search tab.

The control WikiView uses  WikiViewSingleItem.ascx external template

Greetings,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Register for webinar
4 posts, 0 answered