5 posts, 0 answered
  1. Aisha
    Aisha avatar
    4 posts
    11 Nov 2010
    01 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for a way to merge two table events to be displayed on the same scheduler at the same time.

I am developing an online meeting system for my senior project; and I am looking for a way to display both meetings and lectures for a certain faculty on the radScheduler.

I am facing a problem because I could only display events from one database table, I want to add other events which are lectures from another database table but I did not know how ??!

any help would be appreciated so much..
  2. Peter
    Peter avatar
    13 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    01 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Aisha,

You can use the DataTable's Merge method to create a single table from your two data tables and then bind RadSchedueler as usual according to the Data Binding help topic.

Greetings,
    Peter
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
  3. Aisha
    Aisha avatar
    4 posts
    11 Nov 2010
    02 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi,
    Thank you very much for you response

but i am having a problem while writing the code "dataTable" is not a  defined type in vb.net!!!

I am using access database, should I use "accessDataSource" instead ??!
  4. Aisha
    Aisha avatar
    4 posts
    11 Nov 2010
    03 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hi again...

I did merge the two tables
    but I'm still having some issues  which I didn't know how to solve!

Is there an example to show how to bind the radScheduler to a dataTable, the sample I found is about binding to a list of objects.

Also I have some events that are recurrent - I want them to be showed on the radScheduler despite the date - they are recurring every two days during week days

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with these two problems!!
  5. Peter
    Peter avatar
    13 posts
    24 Sep 2012
    08 Dec 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello Aisha,

Please, review the Database structure help topic. Once you have your created your data table to conform to the requirements, you can use the standard approach by setting the DataField properties ( DataStartField, DataEndField, DataSubjectField, DataRecurrenceField, etc.), the DataSource property, and calling DataBind. Here is a help topic for RadTreeView, but the approach is essentially the same with RadScheduler - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/tree_databindingdatabase.html.

You can also review the declarative data binding topic -
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/schedule_databindingdeclarativedatabinding.html.

Greetings,
    Peter
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Register for webinar
5 posts, 0 answered