2 posts, 0 answered
  1. Asif
    Asif avatar
    110 posts
    18 Nov 2010
    06 May 2011
    Link to this post
    Hi,
    I want to show events similar like this . I have put my code which i am using to achieve below functionality. The issue I am facing is to format Date because the out put I am getting for date is "5/31/2011 12:00:00 AM" and I want it to look like "May 31,2001". Also, I couldn't find any property for showing city. Please help.
    1. Events Title

Date:                April 24, 2011

Time:                12:00pm – 3:00pm

For that, I am using this code in back end
    // create new instance of EventsManager
           Telerik.Events.EventsManager eventsManager = new Telerik.Events.EventsManager("Events");
           // get all events
           IList listOfAllEvents = eventsManager.GetEvents();
           if (listOfAllEvents.Count > 0)
           {

repeater1.DataSource = listOfAllEvents;
               repeater1.DataBind();

}
     and this code in front end
    <asp:Repeater ID="repeater1" runat="server">
     <HeaderTemplate>
        <ol class="sf_eventsList">
        </HeaderTemplate>
        <ItemTemplate>
            <li>
                <h2 class="sf_eventTitle">
                    <asp:HyperLink ID="fullContent1" runat="server">
                        <asp:Literal ID="something" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("EventTitle") %>'/>
                    </asp:HyperLink>
                </h2>
                <div id="EventFields">
                    <div class="EventLabel"><p>Date:</p></div>
                    <div class="EventValue"><p><asp:Literal ID="Literal1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Start.Date") %>'/></p></div>
                    <div class="clear"></div>
                    <div class="EventLabel"><p>Time:</p></div>
                    <div class="EventValue"><p><asp:Literal ID="Literal2" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Start.TimeOfDay") %>'/> - <asp:Literal ID="Literal4" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("End.TimeOfDay") %>'/></p></div>
                    <div class="clear"></div>
                    <div class="EventLabel"><p>Location:</p></div>
                    <div class="EventValue"><p><asp:Literal ID="Literal3" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("EventTitle") %>'/></p></div>
                </div>

</li>
        </ItemTemplate>
        <FooterTemplate>
            </ol>
        </FooterTemplate>
    </asp:Repeater>
  2. Ivan Dimitrov
    Ivan Dimitrov avatar
    16072 posts
    25 Nov 2016
    06 May 2011
    Link to this post
    Hello Asif,

You should use the metakeys of the evens which are declared in the web.config
    You have to get a metakey using GetMetaData method of the content item and set this value to your presentation controls

<add key="Events.Title" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Street" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.City" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Country" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.State" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Geomapping_Data" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Event_Start" valueType="DateTime" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="#Now"/>
        <add key="Events.Event_End" valueType="DateTime" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="#Now"/>
        <add key="Events.Publication_Date" valueType="DateTime" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="#Now"/>
        <add key="Events.Expiration_Date" valueType="DateTime" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue="#Max"/>
        <add key="Events.Contact_Name" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Contact_Email" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Contact_Phone" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Contact_Cell" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Contact_Web" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="False" sortable="False" defaultValue=""/>
        <add key="Events.Category" valueType="ShortText" visible="True" searchable="True" sortable="True" defaultValue=""/>

Kind regards,
    Ivan Dimitrov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered