sf404.aspx question

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. bo jackson
    bo jackson avatar
    7 posts
    21 Dec 2009
    06 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    I am using the the extensionless configuration and have a question on the sf404.aspx setup. Our consists of products coming from an external database so the urls are dynamically generated. What I need to do is be able to parse those urls and then call the details page passing in the parameters "details.aspx?id=xxxx". How can I accomplish this by using the sf404 page and still maintain the url.

2. Radoslav Georgiev
    Radoslav Georgiev avatar
    3370 posts
    01 Feb 2016
    11 Aug 2010
    Link to this post
    Hello bo jackson,

The sf404.aspx error page is used to enable you to use extensionless URLs, however if you do not change the pageExtension property in <cms> configuration section .aspx pages will still be served. This allows you to create the pages using .aspx extension, however when requested without extension you can serve those requests too. If you are using IIS 7.0 you can use a wildcard script map to the aspnet_isapi.dll which will also allow you to serve extensionless pages without configuring Sitefinity to create them without the extension.

Radoslav Georgiev
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
2 posts, 0 answered