We are thrilled to announce the official launch of Sitefinity 3.0. Featuring a rich set of built-in features, a unique Web 2.0 interface, and powerful development capabilities the new version is destined to become the perfect tool for developers, designers and content authors.
We also have a pleasant surprise for those community members who have been looking for a light-weight but yet cutting-edge platform for constructing and managing smaller scale websites and community portals. Telerik is proud to introduce a free Community Edition of Sitefinity that offers the same flexible and extendable CMS core and advanced features suitable for both commercial and non-commercial implementations. In contrast the Sitefinity Standard Edition will add workflow, versioning, permissions and multilingual support as part of the offering.
Once again, we would like to thank everybody for their patience and for helping us along the way with generous and valuable feedback.
Both versions are available for immediate download from your Client.NET account.
Sitefinity 3.0 Highlights:
- New scalable framework for pluggable modules
- Significantly improved API and architecture
- Support for multiple databases
- Support for Medium Trust Environment
- Web farm and web garden support
- Master Page - Template Technology
- Support for Membership Services
- Support for CSS-based layouts
- Workflow, versioning, permissions
- Powerful content reuse model
- Multilingual Support
- Pluggable Modules – Generic Content, News, Polls, Lists, Blogs
- VS 2005 interoperability
the Telerik team